Rosa - one year of being officially OTJ.

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by manxcat419, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

One year ago today, Rosa was declared officially OTJ, making it a little over a year since her last insulin injection. While she does now have CKD, which we're still struggling to control well for her, she seems to be a happy cat and isn't affected much by her kidney values at this point (although I am)!! ;)

Every day, I am overwhelmingly grateful for the help I received here with getting her OTJ - and keeping her there. We've had a few ups and downs - some here will no doubt remember the couple of weeks I had with her after I boarded her with one of the local vets and they gave her higher-carb food which messed her numbers up for longer than I would have thought possible. But overall, her numbers are still good and I'm thankful that diabetes, while it might control her diet, does not contribute to the increasing number of medications we have to give her each day. :)

2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

April,
    You have done and are doing the most amazing job with your lovely Rosa.
    She is blessed in having such a wonderful Mama. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

(((Hugs))) to you, and well-wishes to Rosa.

Eliz x

manxcat419 likes this.
  3. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Thank you Eliz. I do my best - but Rosa does all the really hard work! :) How are you and Bertie doing? :) :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.