ROSCOE NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mickeyminnie424, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickeyminnie424

mickeyminnie424 New Member

Hey!

First let me begin and tell you what happened. We went to visit my Mom and boarded Roscoe and Max. When I would call and check on them they would tell me they were eating, but then Monday night when I called to find out if they had eaten. Supposedly Max had eaten but Roscoe wasn't eating much. Well what was going on I asked them, no answer. This was the answer I got was, she is stressed out from me not being home. Yeah right! Her Amylase is 1342 so now she has pancreatitis. She would not eat Tuesday before Nicholas picked her up and they sent her home. They gave her an appetite stimulant Oxazepam .013 ml @ 8AM and 8PM to send home with him. Then she would not eat on Wednesday, took her to the vet, then had to take her back on Wednesday night because she wasn't eating again. She was released on Thursday night...threw up in front of the vet and she sent her home. I am pissed, oh it's the appetite stimulant the stupid vet said. That's just BS! Then she didn't eat much Thursday night. Then Friday morning, Roscoe ate at 7AM...he gave her the appetite stimulant at 8AM, then fed her again at 9am. She was doing well. He fed her again at 11:30 am and sometime after that she tried to jump in the window and fell, then she went into the living room tried jumping into another window and fell, stumbled into the litter box and at that point Nicholas called the Vet, he called thought Roscoe had had a stroke. Took her to the vet and he (one that we love) immediately saw her after having seen her the previous Saturday for boarding ordered a blood clot and heart test. Thank God those are fine. I have had four vets now tell me that if that had happened she would not be alert or eating or able to walk. She is in ICU and today another vet that I like is with her and will take good care of her. They are testing her Amylase again to see what that number is...she is on fluids. She is alert walking around the cage meowing hissing and I'm sure ready to come home from being poked and prodded. Poor baby has been through the ringer. OH I forgot to add she is 17 years old. They did EKG, Xrays and all of that is normal for a cat her age. What do you guys think?

The vet office that we use has several different vets but we try to use the ones that we were in first contact with when Max had all of his problems. It's different doctors in the same office. Anyway so now we have a diagnosis...pancreatitis and she was high when she was loopy and falling around on Friday because she was on Valium. Thank God it isn't life threatening. We may pick her up either tomorrow or Tuesday. Don't know yet.

Now a question about Max. He is on Royal Canin Venison wet and Rabbit wet and dry. He has a wheat gluten allergy. Is there any other food out there that we could buy in the store that does not have wheat gluten that we could feed him that also would not cause kidney crystals or anything like that? Any help especially with the food would be appreciated.

Thank you for listening, sorry it's so long.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.