RUMPELTEAZER 1-29-14 AND 1-30-14

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by misty1477, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misty1477

misty1477 Well-Known Member

Testing once a day now.
    1/2 can FF for snack @ 1:30AM
    1-1/2 cans FF for breakfast
    1 can FF for lunch
    1-1/2 cans FF for supper

1-29-14
    96@ 8:10AM :mrgreen:

1-30-14
    114 @ 7:30PM
    "Baked" can of Friskies Chicken & Tuna Pate today and let kitties "snack" on it during the day. Guess who 'snacked' the most!!! :roll:

2. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

I'm itching to try this out. :mrgreen: How did it work out?

3. nckitties3

nckitties3 Well-Known Member

Baked? Tell us about that....... :D

4. misty1477

It worked quite well. I spread a can of the food out in a rectangular casserole dish and put it in the oven on 275 degrees. I really didn't time it....will have to do that next time. I just kept watching it until it was "dried" out. Then let it cool off and crumbled it up with a fork.

Some liked it more than the others, but they all ate it. Might be my solution to leaving dry food out all the time for them to free-feed like they used to when they all ate dry food only. Jeepers Sugar Cats....will have to make a HUGE batch every day. ohmygod_smile Not sure if it would be good to make enough for a few days and store it in a plastic container.

5. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

One of our civies is terrified of strangers and won't come out for food or even eat wet noms if given to her by a stranger, so without access to dry noms anymore, we don't have a solution to make sure she eats if/when we ever are gone for a day, so I'm thinking this *might* be a potential option, at least for a very short period of time. I'm intrigued, but DH has forbidden me from baking cat food (and stinking up the apartment) unless he's away for the day. :mrgreen:

6. misty1477

It is worth a try. It hardly had any smell at all. I kept forgetting about it while it was baking because I didn't smell it. I set the alarm on my phone to remind me about it and then kept snoozing it until I figured it was 'done'. I will have to time the next batch. :smile:

7. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

For larger batches, you can use the big cans of friskees (12 oz?); of course, you may have done that anyway.

8. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers Misty.

I don't know if it would work. But Stella and Chewy's makes a dried raw, low carb food that doesn't have much of a smell. When I have to leave food in the feeder and leave it for my civie, I use it.

9. nckitties3

That's interesting.

I have just one problem, my cats won't eat the food even if it's been on the plate and dried a little, like for 30 mins. Wonder if they would eat it baked and if it would be more like dry food?

Lucian eats every couple hrs and if there is any leftovers, I have to scrape and dump and give him fresh, he won't touch the left overs. My old feral doesn't eat as often, about 3 times a day, but still won't eat anything that has been left out.

Here's a thought, maybe bake it till it's dry and add a sprinkle of Fortiflora? Lucian will eat flavors he doesn't like with Fortiflora on it. ;-) I might have to try that this weekend.

10. skippersmom

skippersmom Member

One solution for leaving food out that they haven't finished is to cover it with plastic and remove it next feeding time. I learned this because I must have given too much one day and one of the cats covered her's up with a bag in m son's room!

If they walk away from it, I cover it until next feeding time.

11. misty1477

I do the same thing. Unless there is just a little bit left...then I let RumpelT (vacuum cat) clean the plate. :lol:

12. misty1477

After the baking process, it was dry and crumbly.

We could put Fortiflora on an old shoe and kitties would eat it. :lol:

One good thing about the experiment, it doesn't cost much...only the price of a can of cat food.

I suppose Fancy Feast would work just as well. I might be testing the Fancy Feast today, by no choice of mine.....see my post about RumpelT's issue. ohmygod_smile :roll:

13. misty1477

RumpelT and the baked FRISKIES:

A few months ago RumpelT was giving me huge-goopie-stinkie-poopies. Well....she has been only getting Fancy Feast (civies get some of each) and no more H-G-S-Ps.

Guess What ???? ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile This morning....Huge-Goopie-Stinkie-Poopie!!! :shock: :eek:

Now I know that RumpelT has an issue with FRISKIES. Of course she does...FF is more expensive. :roll: :lol:

Sooooo....I guess I will be "baking" Fancy Feast today. :lol:

14. nckitties3

Lucian tries to cover his on a regular basis, but I don't think it's with the intention of keeping it for later. ;-) :lol:

I'm definitely going to try the baked stuff and see how that works. I'd love to not have to get up every 2-3 hrs during the night to feed him.

15. Simon'sMommy

Simon'sMommy Well-Known Member

hmmm,baked FF? interesting though. Simon won't eat dried out FF after it sits a bit either but he might eat it baked. I could bake the stuff that he didn't eat and save money. HA!

Had to give him .5u today (just now actually) as for the first time, food did not drop is BS. Ugh! I will monitor and maybe give him another .5 tonight after I am sure he is going up and not down.

Speaking of big goopie poopies, that is what this is!

He was doing so well!

Glad to see RumpleT still is though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.