RUMPELTEAZER 2-18-14 AMBG = 175

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by misty1477, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misty1477

misty1477 Well-Known Member

222 @ 1:20AM ohmygod_smile

AMBG = 175 @ 7:50AM

NO SHOT ----- Have appointment ---- won't be back for an hour or two ----- won't be here to monitor.
    JEEPERS SUGAR CATS !!! :roll: @-)

2. misty1477

222 @ 1:20AM ohmygod_smile

AMBG = 175 @ 7:50AM

NO SHOT ----- Have appointment ---- won't be back for an hour or two ----- won't be here to monitor.
    JEEPERS SUGAR CATS !!! :roll: @-)

153 @ 2:30PM

I am so confused with her numbers and how much insulin I should give her now. If any. :YMSIGH: nailbite_smile
    I have been crazy busy lately and don't want to shoot to much if I can't monitor...especially since I am not sure how much insulin to give. Geeeezzzz...I feel like a newbie :lol:
    Was easier to figure things out when she was on insulin every day. :roll:
    I know should be giving her some ProZinc with these numbers...suggestions please. :oops: :smile:

The Evo dry is has only 8 carbs...under the less than 10 we go by. The FF she eats is between 4 and 7 carb. Feeding the Evo was working so well in the beginning for all my kittys.

ETA: Just thought of something....maybe when I am testing her, the numbers are "food-influenced" because she has access to the EVO all the time and I am not sure as to exactly "when" she has been snacking on it? Might try picking it up before bed so when I test today at 1:30AM it won't be food-influenced...see what happens????

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Try it away from food, Misty. But if her pancreas is working well, she should go down after eating instead of up.

Maybe start with .1 on a day when you can monitor and see what that does?

4. misty1477

Will give these a try.

Maybe Mr. P took off to a warmer climate without snow. :mrgreen: :roll:

5. nckitties3

nckitties3 Well-Known Member

She's doing well though. Maybe pick up food a couple hrs before you test? There isn't any place near me that sells Evo cat and kitten low carb. :sad:

I try to make sure Lucian hasn't eaten in a couple hrs usually, but he eats every couple hrs anyway. I just test before I feed him. When he wants to eat, there is no getting around it. :lol: Which is why I started baking cat food and making it dry to leave out at night, so I can sleep for a change. It's been working for him and me. At least I am awakened a couple times less per night, every bit helps.

6. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that eveb though the dry evo is low carb, it's still dry; the carbs have a longer impact than the same % of wet food.

I think trying to test w/out food is a good idea.

7. misty1477

I didn't this about the dry food. Learn something new every day. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.