Rumpy 4/19 AMPS 407 +9.5 279 PMPS 263 +3.5 205 +7.5 253

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MrRumps, Apr 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

2. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

How do I delete this because I meant to post in Lantus forum?

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You can't...once you reply to a post, it can't be deleted.

How's he feeling today? I think it's probably time to go up to 1.25 and see if we can bring him down some.

I am concerned that he has been vomiting more lately...especially with that ugly red number. If it continues, he may need a vetty visit

4. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

He is eating more today than yesterday and has been out with me in the living room. He seems okay. I haven't been testing to give him a little break.
    He vomited from the contraband food he got into last time. This morning I'm unsure what it was. It was just clear.

5. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

My syringes don't have small unit markings. How do I tell if I have gotten 1.25.. I order some better ones but they aren't in yet.

6. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

Rumpy has been hanging out with me all day, purring, playing and has been eating every time I remind him to. He took 9.5 test well and was purring the whole time! Ate a treat afterwards. I am worried about giving 1.25 U using a syringe that doesnt have small units. Any tips?

7. Chris & China (GA)

If you have a WalMart nearby, you can get syringes that have half-unit markings there. They're $12.58 for a box of 100.

If you have some on the way already, it's probably better to just wait until they get to you if you don't want to get them from Wally World.

If you do decide to get them, you want the 3/10ml, 31 gauge, 6 or 8mm insulin syringes. ALL their 3/10ml syringes have half unit markings (no matter what the idiots that work there might tell you)
    Relion syringes.jpg

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if these high numbers the last couple of days might be from bouncing. You have not got any tests in overnight much and I think Rumpy could have dropped low on a couple of occasions then bounced at AMPS. Only way to find out is to get those tests in.

9. Chris & China (GA)

Does he get a snack overnight? A lot of times when they puke in the morning and it's clear, it's because of some acid in the tummy....a snack overnight may help

10. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

Yes I leave some food down but he didn’t eat last night. That may be from the bread, mustard, Turkey he ate?

11. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

I needed sleep. I could not function at my job a few days and I am a personal trainer.
    I will test tonight for sure. What hours are the best to test?

12. Chris & China (GA)

I'd think that had pretty much made it's way out of his system by now but it's possible

Get a +2 and go from there....if it's lower than the Pre-shot (by more than the variance) it's a good idea to plan on getting another test in later

13. Bron and Sheba (GA)

If he’s still in high numbers there’s no point in testing. Getting a +2 is often a good indication of what is going to happen in that cycle. If the +2 is higher than the preshot then it is probably ok to sleep. If the number is the same then it is probably going to be a normal cycle and not drop too low. If it is lower than you probably need to get another test in at a later time on the cycle..as you get more data you will get to know your cat.
    I knew that if Sheba's BSL was around the preshot or lower I had to watch her. She was a diver. Sometimes that wasn't until +3 or +4. It depends when the onset of the insulin is for Rumpy.
    You don't need to stay up all night to test. Just set the alarm, get up, test and go back to sleep. If the number is still dropping set the alarm again and do the same. I'm not sure how good you are at going back to sleep but I could fall straight back to sleep. If you took it in turns that would halve the number of times you had to get up.
    It may not be bouncing, it may be that he needs more insulin but if it was me I would try and get a later test in when the +2 or +3 was similar or a bit lower to find out his pattern..

14. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

I just saved that for future reference. I can’t get a +2 tonight. Earliest I can get is +4.

I am terrible at waking up and falling back asleep.

15. Chris & China (GA)

That's OK.....If you can't do it, you can't! Life sometimes has to go on, even with a sugarcat in the family! ;)

16. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

That makes me feel better. My schedule is really terrible and I'm doing my best.
    His PMPS was 263 and he ate immediately and took the Orijen treat after testing.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  17. Bron and Sheba (GA)

A +4 is fine. As long as you can test sometime in the cycle is fine and as Chris says if you can’t that’s ok too.
    It is hard when you can’t get back to sleep.
    If you think he might drop and you can’t test leave out some food.
    I was just wanting to see if the higher Preshots were caused by dropping low and bouncing.
    You are doing a great job with Rumpy. Having to adjust your life to manage a FD kitty can be stressful but they are worth it I think:):cat: and things settle down to a routine

18. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

Yeah, I am slowly getting better with the schedule.

His +3.7 was 205

19. Bron and Sheba (GA)

It is possible he could drop lower. If you look at the 4/16 he dropped from a similar number down to green.

20. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

Okay. When should i check?

21. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I’d get a +7 or thereabouts. If you are too tired just leave out some food.

MrRumps likes this.
  22. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

I will set an alarm! Should I leave food out anyway? He has ate about 3/4 of what he needs.

23. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Do what you normally would do at night.

24. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

+7.5 was 253

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  25. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Do you mean+ 7.5?
    Well unless he is still bouncing, it looks like he may need more insulin. See what Chris thinks.
    Sorry to have got you up but it is good data to have nontheless. I hope you can get back to sleep

26. MrRumps

MrRumps Member

Yes I will go pick up some of those syringes from Walmart. The ones I ordered were supposed to be here by now, but they aren't. No worries! Rather be safe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.