Runny poo...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tara and Nick, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara and Nick

Tara and Nick Member

What a lovely topic, huh?

Nick had very soft poo twice today, which he has never ever had in all his 11 years (he's strictly a once-a-day solid poo-er). And holy mackerel did it smell. We're calling it "atomic poo."

Aside from being diabetic (3 months, relatively regulated), he is healthy and happy, and he has had no recent changes in diet, activity, behavior, or anything at all. How long should we attempt to ride this out before calling the vet and/or bringing over a sample? (Oh the thought of having the atomic poo in my car even for a few minutes...) :shock:

2. Tina and Regis (GA)

Tina and Regis (GA) Member

Tara:

I don't know if anyone came to help you. I am hoping Nick is having regular poo poo but if not, I would call the vet to be on the safe side of things.

Tina

3. Tara and Nick

Tara and Nick Member

Thanks! He had a more solid one today. Way better than yesterday's, but still not 100% normal. And the smell is still ungodly. I'll give it one more day or so before I call the vet since it may be resolving on its own.

4. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Some people here use canned pumpkin. But if it's bad, please call your vet!

5. rebeccalou

rebeccalou New Member

Hey there,

We've been using pumpkin with good results, though it seems to treat the symptom, rather than the cause of the diarrhea. If it doesn't go away, maybe your vet can test for bacterial infections and parasites? I do remember reading that giardia causes a foul odor. Are you living in fear of those poopy little feet?

Also been reading some discussion on this site about Slippery Elm, maybe check that out.

So glad there's a forum to discuss these things... just not the type of stuff you want to bring up over drinks with a friend. :roll:

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Rebecca

6. Tara and Nick

Tara and Nick Member

Thanks! It's a couple days later and his poo is back to normal thankfully. Maybe he just ate something off the floor. But it's good to know these tips, though I hope there's not a next time! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.