Rupert roller-coaster

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Kenai_21, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenai_21

Kenai_21 Member

Hello,

My poopy's sugar was 83 this am in disbelief I re took it and his sugars are always high. 600-200. Recheck was 97. Holding his 4u of vetsilin. He's eating his FF paté. When should I recheck his sugar after eating?

Attached Files:

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sorry no one answered your questions. This forum doesn't get a lot of activity as most kitties are on either ProZinc or Lantus or Levemir.

I hope you did not shoot that low of a number as with Vetsulin there are fast harsh drops and with using a Alpha Trak2 meter a 68 is the start of being too low.

Could you get a Spread sheet going and attach to your signature as with dosing questions the data that you get is needed to know how to guide you. Also, if you don't get a response in this forum please post in The Main Forum as you will get more eyes on your thread.

Here is the link to learn how to set up the Spread Sheet.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

3. Kenai_21

Kenai_21 Member

I did post in both. I didn't give him his insulin. I gave him 2 units instead of his 4 units after I Retook his sugar again at 10am. I am working on a spread sheet. It's kinda complicated. I was giving him his shots and taking his sugars at 10am & 10pm. Wrote on the main forum got advice from other members so I changed his times to 7am & 7pm and bed time checks for his sugars.....

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

If you need help setting up the SS just yell and someone can help you, sadly not me as I am a tech mo -mo and I had to get help setting mine up. Glad you reduced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.