Rylee - Out of Remission?

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by MustLuvCats, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MustLuvCats

MustLuvCats Member

My 13 yr old Rylee girl was diagnosed with diabetes 12/2012. After 1 week of insulin went into remission. Last week she was peeing outside the litter box and acting like she was dying. Took her in for blood work and her fructosamine was 292. Just a tad higher than last test last year. However wasn't feeling good at all. Dr. decided to treat her for a UTI a week later when I took her back cuz she was still feeling poorly. That day her blood sugar was 500!! I have tested her for the last two days and her average BG has been 300 and she is on antiobiotics. We have NOT yet put her back on insulin. I have had to give her sub Q fluids hoping this would help also. BUT.....she refuses to eat her nasty diabetic wet food (dr. just put her back on it). I have tried all of her previous foods and sprinkled tuna over them. She will eat the tuna but nothing else. I am having to syringe feed her right now.

I watch her put 3 legs in the litter box and one out and then pee outside box, then bring her 4th leg into the litter box, scratch around and hop out.....brat!! But I do think she is feeling better. IMG_0857.JPG IMG_0857.JPG

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to put her back on insulin cuz I really don't think her diabetes has come back. I am wondering if all this is because of her possible UTI.

Thanks

Stephenie

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. MustLuvCats

MustLuvCats Member

Thank you!! I have to get reacquainted with this website again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.