? Sabotage?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peppersmom72, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

So I called and the ER vet clinic can't answer the question. They said they are not familiar with long term use. Ugh! On top of that, I set up my daughters nanny cam and was able to watch pepper during the day. Well, low and behold the food I leave out for her at night.....she's eating her night meal less than 2 hours before I get up and feed her again. I also found out that DH is feeding her less than 2 hours before I get home. Can you say sabotage? I don't think it's on purpose, but I'm wondering why I sometimes get blues ps and sometimes reds/blacks. I feel like I wasted 6 months trying to get her regulated.

Where do I go from here? Do I start over? DH won't test during the day when I'm at work.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Don't worry - you'll get it sorted. If she's had food a little too close to her PSs it's possible those were slightly food-inflated. That could mean the dose has been a little high and she might have dropped a bit low mid cycle. I doubt whether any of this has been extreme. A curve will give you good info.

3. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

@Kris & Teasel I gave her the full dose tonight with a lower than usual (for her) BG. Should I be worried? She's sleeping alot since I got home?

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  4. Kris & Teasel

No, I wouldn't worry but get a +2 to see where she is. If she's significantly lower then (70+ points) you can give her a small snack of low carb food and test again an hour later.

5. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

She's 215 at +2.5. she doesn't reach full nadir until +7

6. Kris & Teasel

That's essentially the same as PMPS, allowing for meter variance. You can either stop the pokes until tomorrow AM or get one more just before turning in for the night. Your choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.