Sad update on my Kali

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by nora, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nora

nora Member

A few weeks ago I posted about Kali's foot problems. Her front feet were bending oddly and I wondered if it might be neuropathy and what I could do about it. Several kind people offered advice and asked helpful questions which I followed up on with my vet. We never figured out why it was happening, but over a 2 week period, despite what we tried with pain meds, supplements, fluids, and food changes, it got worse. Kali was 15 and had been on Lantus for 3 years. Her blood glucose at the last vet visit was 179--at last down from the 300s! I was so encouraged that I'd finally improved my injection technique. But her back legs started failing. She wobbled when she tried to stand to eat or drink water. She coluld make it to the cat box, but couldn't seem to lift her tail out of the pee so she always had to be bathed afterwards which she hated. She had never liked to be held or messed with. The day after our vet visit, I turned over in bed at about 4 a.m., and she fell off of me to the floor and had a terrible time trying to get up before I could scramble down to help her. I knew it was time. Not even two months before I had had to say goodbye to my 13-year-old girl who had had pancreatic cancer. Going back to the emergency vet clinic, as kind as they were, was like a nightmare of deja vu. Kali died peacefully in my arms. I am very grateful to everyone here over the past 3 years who helped me at the beginning so much so that I could keep Kali's quality of life good for an "extra" length of time. Our vet thought perhaps the leg problems were neurological, but we have no answers. Everyone here gave me information, strength and confidence that I could learn to give shots to my 6 lb kitty without hurting her despite the fact that for the first 6 months or so my hands shook so badly I could hardly get the syringe into the bottle. This board is a life saver for cats and people. Thank you!! May all your sugar cats live happy happy lives and know they are loved, like Kali did with your help.--Nora

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. :(

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you've lost your kitty. :bighug::rb_icon:cat_wings>o

4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

6. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

These posts never fail to bring tears to my eyes and sorrow to my heart. May you find comfort knowing you did your best for her and loved her to the end and beyond.

7. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

So sorry to hear about your Kali. cat_wings>o

9. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

It's never easy to see these types of posts, my heart goes out to you :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Bless your sweet Kali cat_wings>o

10. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I’m sorry ....may your babe be at peace now! Bless you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am sorry you had to say good bye to your baby. May she now run around in all her glory.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Kali, and land softly at the Bridge
    cat_wings>o

13. lenistar

lenistar Member

I'm so very sorry, Nora. Sweet Kali will always be with you.

14. Harley Baby & Michele

Harley Baby & Michele Member

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of both of your sweet cats. Tears and hugs for you. :rb_icon::bighug::bighug:

15. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry that you’ve lost your sweet kitties. They will be with your in your heart always...bless you :rb_icon: Oh how joyful it will be when we meet at the bridge!

16. Ronnon

Ronnon Member

I´m sorry for your loss.

A lot of hugs and love.

I´m sure that Kali was a gorgeous and happy cat, with a plenty life.

They learn us a lot about the life meaning and the circle of the life.
    Her light and energy never leave you.
    This is an amazing forum with wonderful people. :bighug:

17. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

So sorry for your loss. Kali is over the rainbow bridge painfree and running. Always in your heart and mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.