Salem's official "OTJ" Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sjewell, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjewell

sjewell Member

Salem's on the mend! I'm so happy for him, he's gained close to a lb. back over the last few weeks. Less drinking/urinating..acting more like himself. He's been at normal sugar levels since Tues, Apr. 6th and we haven't had to give him the injections. His levels range from 50-70 everyday.. We went to a new vet yesterday to address his lip ulcer and they did a needle biopsy while we were there, and will send out for evaluation. He has a big growth and she wants to see if its an underlying infection or cancerous..which I'm hoping it's not (cancer). She said she didn't see any masses. Said his lymph node in neck on the side where he has the sore was a little bigger than other side, but that could be from fighting an infection. She took cell samples from the lymph node also. we should have results Tues. She recommended Lysine treats for Salem's eyes (he has Feline Herpes and years ago his eye was all cloudy) but now they're clear - once in awhile his eyes are runny and she said Lysine would help. I was wondering if anyone has info on Lysine treats ( how many carbs in each ) I'm trying to find online but cannot find any info. These are once a day treats and they contain 500mg of Lysine. Name brand is Optimcare LysineChews. He seems to like them so I think I'd buy but only if carbs are not high. I will keep him on FF canned and Young Again Zero Carb dry. I removed all chicken canned flavors from his diet 2 weeks ago so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with his lower sugar levels.

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. SuePea

SuePea Member

HIP, HIP HOORAY!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.