Sam Siam has more food questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by donna & sam siam, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donna & sam siam

donna & sam siam Member

I have been searching all over for an affordable canned food for Sam. Some of you have given me great suggestions about some lesser expensive foods like Friskies & Special Kitty. Two questions...Any opinions on Special Kitty? It is so much cheaper and i can buy low cal varieties in the 13 oz can locally at Walmart. But I don't want to give him something unhealthy. I hear many different opinions so I'd like to hear from all of you.

Also, does anybody know of local stores that carry 13 oz cans of Friskies?? Shipping is crazy for cat food. The 13 oz cans are such a better value.

Thanks ahead of time from Donna & Sam Siam! cat_pet_icon

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Most Walmarts should have the 13oz cans of Friskies. As well as their own brand of Special Kitty. I know there is some discussion about by-products in the food, my own personal way of looking at it since I have 13 cats, most of whom at one point in their lives have been strays or barn cats, is that I have never seen them too concerned about eating the 'by-products" of the mouse or bird that they caught. :D

Out of my 13 all of them except Musette eat just plain old Friskies and Special Kitty, the only reason Musette has been switched over to Fancy Feast is because she is proving to be highly carb sensitive and Fancy Feast gives me more options of lower carb foods. However, my Maxwell went into remission and has stayed there on the Friskies and Special Kitty diet

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.