Sam the cats brother Todd

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sam the cat, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

Hello , I'm writing in regards to my cat Todd, he is having surgery tomorrow at noon, intestine, it has been a long 2 months 4 different vets, and a lot of ups and downs but now is the time that we can use all the prayers for a good surgery and a great recovery. Thank you, Rodey

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending many prayers and vines for a successful surgery.

Sam the cat likes this.
  3. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh how difficult -- prayers that surgery went well for Todd today. Please let us know how the both of you are doing. :bighug:

Sam the cat likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Good luck

Sam the cat likes this.
  5. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

Well the outcome wasn't good, he is still alive right now but very dehydrated and week, they opened him up and then they called me and said he was full of these little pockets of fluid and that they couldn't do anything for him and they closed him up . It just makes me sick. If I could have done more research and got him some were else, his birthday was yesterday

6. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Do you have a diagnosis? Is it cancer, or something else?

But regardless, don't be hard on yourself. Sometimes things just happen and nothing different could have been done. I watch my babies like a hawk, but I had two that passed years ago that I didn't have a clue that they were sick at all, and we didn't learn the cause until the necropsy. Cats are really good at hiding problems from us. :(

Do you have Todd back home now? Sending you our prayers :bighug:

Sam the cat likes this.
  7. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

Todd is back home with me, the vet did tell me what it was on the phone when he asked me what I wanted to do. But my mind was all over the place and when I picked todd up he was gone and nobody at the hospital could give me any answers. They said to call tomorrow. They sure didn't mind taking my money. It makes me feel sick 4 different vets and a cut up little cat and no one could help him. But then they sure can charge like they did. I really don't care about the money but I really do care about my cat. If only I could have found the right vet or at least one of them could have pointed me to the right one.

8. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

This is what is inside of todd

Attached Files:

9. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

I am very sorry. I hope you can get some answers tomorrow and at least develop a plan for getting and keeping Todd comfortable.

Sam the cat likes this.
  10. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

I hope so. I'm just so fustraited right now with my self. I love that little cat and all he wanted to do is love me and I feel like I let him down . I just want to hate myself. Why did I settle for the vets that I did? Instead of focusing on finding the best help? Where could have I looked? Who could have I called? I really don't know, is there anything more I could have done ? These are some of the questions that will haunt me,

11. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

Todd the cat died, so sad

12. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry

Sam the cat likes this.
  13. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

I am very sorry. At least he is at peace now and not suffering. I hope that in time you will find peace as well. cat_wings>o

Sam the cat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.