Samantha & Salem

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Samantha Rodriguez, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samantha Rodriguez

Samantha Rodriguez New Member

Hi we are
    new to this

2. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

Welcome! Tell us more about yourself and your kitty.

3. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Hello there and welcome!

This is a great site full of helpful pet parents and lots of great info to help you and your kitty with diabetes management.

You can post medical related questions to the “main health forum” this board is just for general intro.

Also good to set up signature in you profile, that will show your cats details and then people can better help you if they know more such as age, weight, type of insulin, type of food, other health issues, etc. this can always be changed or added to later, see the bottom of people’s posts for example.

If you need help, people are very friendly here and are happy to help. In the meantime, look at some of the “yellow stickies” on the tops of the boards for more info.

4. Samantha Rodriguez

Samantha Rodriguez New Member

Salem is almost 8 years old, aI rescued him from Petco in 2015 he was 4 years old and weighed 18lbs. He wasn't active at all, all he wanted to do was eat. He had anxiety really bad and panic attacks . Hes a lot better now but still gets huffy when he doesn't get his way. Then early spring last year he went from 20 lbs to 9 lbs in a month. At first I thought it was the food I was feeding him, he was diagnosed with diabetes in may, my vet didn't explain anything to me about how to do anything except when to give his shots. My daughter works for an animal boarding hotel in Texas, she told me to order a glucose monitor so I can check his blood sugar. My vet put him on Lantus. Most of the articles I've read about feline diabetes say that they lose their appetite, not with Salem he wants food all the time, hes drinking normally. But I cannot get his blood sugar to go down lower than 400. I'm at a complete loss and really don't to lose him.

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I would start by copying your post above into the Main Health Forum, and then go to the Lantus forum and read the yellow stickies. I know it's a lot of information and you may need to go back and re-read them, but that will get your started.
    It's great that you are home testing. We can help you. Keep posting and asking questions in either of the two forums that I linked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.