Sams bg is 386

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sueandsamwise, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sueandsamwise

sueandsamwise Well-Known Member

Just did Sam's bg and it is at 386. No insulin, he's been off the juice for over a year. What to do. I can't get him to eat much, just a bit of a treat or two.

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i'd get another test or so in the next 12 hours or so and if there's no change, you're gonna have to see a vet.

if he got into something he shouldn't have, it should come down. if it doesn't come down, then there's a chance that the diabetes is back or that something else is going on like an infection or something of that nature.

3. sueandsamwise

sueandsamwise Well-Known Member

Re: Sams bg is 386 and he goes back on the juice.

Sam was not feeling any better on Sunday morning so we took him into the vets. They did blood work and his BG was 404. They also found his liver values were quite high. So, he was given a bag of fluids and that is mostly finished off, they've been syringe feeding him 4 times a day and getting an insulin shot in the morning. ****, I forgot to ask which kind. Anyway, as soon as he starts eating on his own he can come home. So, after being off the juice for over a year, he needs to go back on the insulin. Bad note, he only weighed around 4.4 pounds, so he dropped a lot of weight fast! We will keep him on his diet of FF and hope for the best. Samwise is 15 but I feel he's got some time left here. We miss him terribly at least he will be able to come home. They did get him regulated with the insulin. His last BG was 122. Below 200 is what they were shooting for. We are both relieved that we got him in on Sunday early. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.