Sam's spread sheet up?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sueandsamwise, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sueandsamwise

sueandsamwise Well-Known Member

I put new numbers in Sam's spread sheet. We were having a lot of trouble getting samples and hopefully it will be easier now. Sorry for the wait. I also ordered some Forti-flora and got that the other day to sprinkle on his food when he won't eat. He likes it! He's not drinking as much water and is holding his own. Bright eyed and asking for food.

I was also going to ask, does it always take forever for the cursor to switch between cells? :smile:

2. RuBee

RuBee Member

Hey there, Sue, I'm having a lot of issues with "LAG" in the spreadsheet, also, so it doesn't seem to be just you. It takes a long time for me to be able to scroll down to where my current row is. I wonder if it has something to do with high volume usage at certain times or such. It's really annoying, isn't it? :-x

3. sueandsamwise

Yes it is. The spread sheets I make at work don't take this long to move. Could you see the sheet?

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

The sheet looks great! I would add that you use PZI. I would add PZI to my subject line to get some PZI eyes on your numbers.

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

To me you really do not have enough preshot together with between shot BGs to make a definite conclusion. However, todays +2 of 245 is promising compared to previous BGs.

6. sueandsamwise

I'm guessing the high BG's before the shots were all from him eating. I'll try and get a picture that shows how skinny he is. Just imagine a kitty at 5.40 lbs. A full grown kitty. All the matted fur was making us think he was still at a good weight until we had him shaved. He is grooming himself again too. I ordered one of those illumivein things to make it easier to see his veins. A flashlight works but I keep getting blinded.

7. RuBee

RuBee Member

Sue, I use the streamlight nano. It's two and a half inches long - key hook included - I love it. It's very bright, but so small you can fit it behind the ear without having to see spots for a half hour. :lol:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sue even if those are post eatting #'s they are still of course too high. what i don't understand is why this kitty is on such a low dose. i think i asked before in another thread, am i the only one who does'nt know???
    i'm thinking 1 u has had it's chance, 1.5 should be coming up...especially as you get more comfortable testing. has this cat ever hypo'd or even come close?

9. sueandsamwise

The vet put him on this dose and we're afraid to change it. I'd like to but I'm just not sure. He has hypo'd before but that was when he was on Vetsulin the first time he was DX'd in 2009. Why they put him on this low dose I don't know. He was on 2 units of Vetsulin and he was hypo'ing practically every time he got a shot. We told them that and that could be why. Either that or my vet is just plain evil. I think it the latter. They thought he would only have to have one shot a day at first but then changed their minds. Do you think we should try a 1 u shot twice a day??? :?

10. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

The one unit twice a day seems like a good idea to me, Sue. But I really would like you to get some more expert PZI eyes on this, now that you have a spreadsheet up. Can you start a new thread and ask for PZI advice? You don't have a whole lot of data. I hope you can get the poking down so you can get preshot numbers daily and a +6 often - particularly if you are going to increase the dose.

11. sueandsamwise

Me too. My hubby got a good poke this morning by himself. He said he did it fast and three times, so he made a big hole. Said Sam just sat there too. Sam is good about the pokes. I'll put up a new thread on the PZI board and I want to thank you for all your help with the spread sheet.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good ideas all, shoot 1u twice a day, get more mid-tests and get good at it so you never shoot without a pre-shot test.

13. sueandsamwise

****! I can't update my SS. Sams BG +2 was 460 after evening shot of 1u.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i can't help but wonder if there is something wrong with the insulin...has it always been properly handled? can you tell us what it looks like, milky or clear, any floaties?

15. sueandsamwise

Milky no floaties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.