Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

I am not experienced in shooting lower #'s. Would you shoot her full dose. I am already 1/2 hour late.

Thanks,

jan and sara

2. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Re: Sara AMPS 159 +15 mins 169 ADVICE ON WHAT TO SHOOT?

Are you around to monitor her today?

It's good that you know you need to be data ready... and you don't have a ton of data, but you do have some. Personally, I don't think you want to skip the dose. (Adding this bit for new people and non-Lantus users) - Sure, if someone were using a fast acting insulin, they would skip... but you know Lantus and you can see in your spreadsheet that you are getting some nice curves that are not sharp Vs but are gentle smiles.

Have you posted in the Lantus section? I would post there and here and see what a few people say. Also, if you can take a minute to look at a few others' spreadsheets to see what they do when they get to this point, that would be great... If you give the usual dose, I would monitor closely and not go out until after nadir - just to be safe.

What do you think you should do?

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Answered in LL.

Thanks for replying Victoria! :)

4. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Thanks Vic,

I gave her full dose 45 mins late. I will be home for most of the day so I can spot check. I'm glad she is responding well, its just that I'm not ready to shoot # 's. Sometimes she stayed high on this dose and sometimes she has been throwing lower #'s. So that confuses me on how to collect data? confused_cat don't know how she is going to act. I'm not experienced with Lantus.

Sara was on vetsulin before for about 4 months and than in remission for about 1 yr. Something really scary, I don't have any data on vetsulin, because I was new to this. Shooting blindly.

jan and sara

5. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Jan... probably good that you don't have the vetsulin data... you can't be using Lantus with a vetsulin head... trust me on that one.

You are doing really well. Consistency is key... I'm heading to bed but will be interested to see how things go. I'll check your LL condo since more posts will likely happen there.

6. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Victoria,

I know the vetsulin data would'nt have any use here. I was just saying that there is such a difference from the time that she was on vetsulin because I was shooting blindly. By testing I know where she is at. Now that I look back at that time I'm just saying it is really scary to think I had no idea how she was doing, how low she got? But than I found you guys. :D

Thanks, jan and sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.