Savannah is home, neuropathy question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dd & savannah, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dd & savannah

dd & savannah Member

Hi all,

Savannah is home :) They said she could be discharged since she had not had a seizure in the past 12 hours. She's been fine since we returned home too. We did confine her space for the night since I did not want her attempting our staircase yet.
    I am little puzzled though, when we picked her up the I asked the vet how her walking was and he said she was fine, but when we brought her home she was still wobbly. It appears to be her right leg. She seems to be better at walking than squatting in her litter box or getting up from a lying down position. She can crouch down in order to squeeze her self under our bed and is able to stand on her hind legs. I guess I need to see if there are consistencies with the tasks she can do vs. the ones that pose a challenge.

Does anyone think these are signs of neuropathy? Someone earlier had posted a link, which was great.Does anyone have more information regarding this? I guess it could also be a possibility that with time, her leg may get better b/c I know sometimes after people have seizures they are sore and maybe this is the case here too.
    Will an MRI help see if this is neuropathy or a seizure disorder?

Thanks so much for your help everyone. This forum is such a wealth of knowledge and support!!
    :) Dianne & Savannah

2. DianeM47

DianeM47 New Member

I think this is one of those 'watch and wait' kinds of things. She may be having muscle stiffness etc from the seizures. Watch closely over the next several days and see what happens. In the meantime it's always good to read up on neuropathy!

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Usually neuropathy effects both rear legs the same. Therefore, it may not be neuropath. It may be a muscle strain from the seizure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.