GA Savannah put down her boxing gloves today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lincolns Mom, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

I know i haven't posted in months. I wouldn't even know where to start because its all been surreal and so hard.

Lincoln is still chugging along and started earning reductions a few months back. He is down to 5.25u from 7u and just keeps amazing me. His progress is one of the good spots in my crazy life right now.

Savannah has been my fighter from the day i found her under my greenhouse. And just over a week ago something was really wrong. I got her into the vet and they figured it was cystitis. We started treatment. Monday this week we did blood work -- all came back normal. But then she started having problems breathing. I rushed her to the vet Saturday morning for when they opened. The vet couldn't believe the change from Monday. We ended up doing an xray. It wasn't good. There was either a mass in her lungs or the sac around her heart was filled with fluid. Either way there wasn't much capacity left for air. I brought her home and we tried to give her pred to calm everything down and make her comfortable. But when i went to give her the pred at midnight she seem to get it caught in her throat. I gave her tuna juice. She lapped some up. But then it all came back up - no pill just the juice. She then laid down on the floor, mouth opening just fighting for air. I couldn't let her suffer. I phoned the vet and took her there. I never left her side. I laid my face down to hers and just kept telling her she could lay down the boxing gloves and chase butterflies and to look for Seth he would take care of her. I never left her....

I am still in shock and part of me is looking for her and part of me knows she is gone. I am missing her so much and wishing i had one more day with her. But i know i will always want one more day. Just trying to make it through today. [​IMG]

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that it was Savannah's time to leave you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

No matter how long we have them, it's never long enough, and to have them go so quickly, with no warning can be even harder on us beans.

Fly free Savannah and land softly....there are many friends at the Bridge to welcome you and keep you company until the day when the one you love most comes to be with you forever cat_wings>o

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

So very sorry that it was Savannah's time to go to the Bridge. I know your heart is broken, and I hope your treasured memories of her will help it to heal. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Rest now, sweet Savannah. Your mamabean knows you'll be waiting for her at the Bridge~cat_wings>o
    in memory.jpg

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful friend.

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. It's never easy to lose one of our furbabies. Fly free sweet Savannah. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet Savannah!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  7. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that Savannah has crossed the Bridge. You gave the greatest gift of love and now she is free of suffering now, but I know your heart is heavy.

[​IMG]

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

No matter how hard, you made the most difficult decision possible out of love. Fly free Savannah and land softly.

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  9. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Fly Free Savannah, Land Softly you are loved:rb_icon:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Savannah were lucky to have each other.

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  11. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you've lost your kitty. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  12. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry it was her time to cross.
    You did the absolute best you could caring for Savannah and gave her all the love you could. When the unfortunate time came, you gave her the gift of selfless love by letting her go where she will be comfortable, pain free and waiting at the bridge with all her FD friends.

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  13. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful girl. RIP Savannah. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  14. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

((Amber)) I'm so so sorry, my heart hurts for you. It's the worst thing we are faced with and you did everything right. I've asked Doodles to watch out for her. Saying prayers for you and give Lincoln extra snuggles :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  15. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Savannah was lucky to have found you and receive all the love and care she missed out on in the beginning of her life. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Fly free little one, land softly at the Bridge :rb_icon:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  17. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Heart felt hugs for you. :bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  18. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Savannah. It's very hard when losing our babies. They always take a piece of our heart with them. I'm so sorry. RIP Savannah

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  19. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry. She looks like my Smokey.

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  20. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Amber I am so sorry:bighug::bighug::bighug:[​IMG]

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  21. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Very sorry about your beautiful Savannah.

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  22. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss :bighug::bighug::bighug:. Fly free Savannah cat_wings>o:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  23. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((Amber))), Your beautiful girl is safely at the Bridge. Our GAs are giving her a big welcome and I know that she is "in good paws" until that wonderful day when you will meet again.
    Fly free, lovely Savannah, on your beautiful new golden wings. You are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  24. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that it was Savannah's time. :bighug:
    :rb_icon:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  25. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry your heart is broken. But don't forget, they make a home in our hearts, when first we come to love them, And their love remains snuggled in there.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Girlie's mom and Lincolns Mom like this.
  26. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Amber)))))
    I sent word to Gussie as well, he will make sure Savannah is given the grand tour and warm welcome...and that clouds of butterflies flutter all around her...
    I am so very sorry and my heart sends a gentle hug to yours, I know it doesn’t make the unreal any more sane feeling, but know that it is sent your way gently.:bighug::bighug:
    Fly free Savannah...land gently:bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  27. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

All of your words and wishes mean so much. She was such a fighter even in the end. My little runt that i found at 1/2 lb under my greenhouse. If anyone would understand what i was feeling, i knew it would be this group. Thank you all so much. It truly helps to know i am not alone.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  28. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beautiful Savannah cat_wings>o Prayers for comfort for you Amber :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  29. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

30. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

So Sorry:bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  31. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Amber, I'm so sorry it was Savannah's time. It's so very difficult when we lose one of our babies. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  32. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Marvin's Mom - Nat Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for you loss, Savannah I am sure appreciates all that you did for her and the love you gave. She is the one watching over you all now cat_wings>o

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  33. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry...:rb_icon:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  34. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Oh Amber, I am so, so sorry for your loss! It sounds like she was in such distress and there was nothing else to do. That doesn’t make it any easier, though. My heart goes out to you for your loss. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, sweet Savannah...cat_wings>o

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  35. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Amber}}}

I am so deeply sorry to read that you have lost your sweet Savannah. I know this is a heart-wrenching time for you, but take comfort in knowing that you gave her the greatest gift of all, the most selfless gift we beans can give to our fur babies - her freedom. It cost you dear, but you gave it without hesitation. She will be watching over you from the Bridge until the day comes when you will be reunited. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free, dear Savannah, and land softly.
    :rb_icon:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  36. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Amber I am so sorry Savannah has gone to the Bridge.
    Land softly beautiful girl:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  37. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I am so very saddened for you, Amber, that your sweet Savannah crossed the bridge. It is so hard at any time but when it comes on so suddenly and we see them in distress, it is even harder on our hearts. We would think setting them free from being afraid, from discomfort, etc, will help us but a broken heart is a broken heart. Just know that she is very grateful and will always love you.

Gentle journey, sweet Savannah.

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  38. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

May endless butterflies and sunbeams await her at the Bridge, and may all of the wonderful memories you created together bring you comfort and peace until you see her again someday.

Fly free sweet Savannah. :rb_icon:

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  39. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

So sorry..............

Lincolns Mom likes this.
  40. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Prayers for your grieving heart.
    and hugs....

Lincolns Mom likes this.