Saying goodbye to Missy soon

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Priya&Missy, Oct 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Hi all,
    I just wanted to post an update about Missy. I took her to the ER yesterday and the vet said Missy’s body is starting to shut down and she’s going into organ failure. Her body is freezing, there’s fluid in her abdomen, red spots under her skin, no muscle mass, her anemia rapidly got worse, gums are pale, etc. Her back legs barely function and after she uses the litter box she just lays down in it because she’s so tired. She’s still drinking water and wanting to be cuddled, but hasn’t been eating on her own. I’ve been syringe feeding her for a few days.

This morning she ate breakfast and is acting relatively normal but I know she’s ready to go. She has light in her eyes still but we’ve both fought for so long and there’s too many issues that cannot be fixed easily or cured and will only get worse. I’ve tried my best. I’m keeping her warm and comfortable until I call a mobile vet to come over and perform euthanasia. Until then she’s on buprenex and getting lots of hugs and kisses.

Thanks to everyone for being welcoming and kind and helping me figure out how to deal with her diabetes. I wish the best for all your kitties.

Attached Files:

2. Chachi's Mom

Chachi's Mom Member

I am so sorry for your baby! I know its hard to let go . You have my prayers for you both

3. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I am very sorry Priya. My thoughts & prayers will be with you & Missy today. May you both find some well deserved peace after fighting the health battles for so long. Love & hugs from across the way.

4. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry that Missy's time is near. Get and give those cuddles as long as you can.

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry Priya my heart his breaking for you and your sweet baby girl.
    You did your very best taking care of Missy and I'm sure she knows you did. My thoughts
    are with both of you today. She is such a beautiful girl. Gentle hugs

Teresa & Buddy and Priya&Missy like this.
  6. Kate & Toby

Kate & Toby Member

I'm so sorry, I'm sending you much love and peace, she knows how loved she was and will always and forever hold a piece of your heart. Sweet dreams precious girl xxx

7. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry. It is hard to let go but you are doing the right thing by her. Look after yourself in the coming days.

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Priya :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I am so sorry to read this. You have done so much for your beautiful girl and she knows how much you love her.
    Give her lots of love and hugs and look after yourself too.
    Itis such a hard and heartbreaking time when we have to say goodbye to our beloved kitty.

9. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Priya... I'm so sorry it's her time, but you are very brave to recognize it even though there is still light in her eyes. It's so important to not wait until that light is gone or you'll always worry that it was a little too late.

I've been following you and Missy since you joined. I promise that you didn't just "try your best", you DID THE ABSOLUTE BEST for her :bighug:

May you both find peace.

10. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I agree with everything Sandi & Whisper just posted. It's so very difficult, and I, too, have followed along since you joined. You absolutely have done the best for her and she knows how much you love her. Tears for you Priya, smiles for Missy as she steps into a new realm free of pain and cares. She will wait for you on the other side, carry her love for you with you until you meet again. :bighug:

Teresa & Buddy and Priya&Missy like this.
  11. Bella & Liz

Bella & Liz Member

You did, and are doing a wonderful job for Missy. Be kind to yourself in the upcoming days and know that you did what was best for your girl and she so greatly appreciates it.

Priya&Missy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.