? Scabbing on Neck/Mouth

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michaellh33, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

My cat has had some scabbing appear around his mouth and neck and I am not sure what is causing it. Could this be insulin/diabetes related?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I'd be more inclined to think
    1) plastic bowls may cause acne in some cats
    2) food intolerance or allergy
    3) he got into something acidic or caustic
    A vet visit may be in order

3. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

I am in no position to spend anymore money at this point so I will try some around the house changes to see if it helps.

4. MMM

MMM Member

For what it is worth - Bailey had some mouth sores before she was put on a steroid and we changed to hypoallergenic food. So I would lean towards the food intolerance/allergy possibility. She didn't have anything on her neck, but little bumps between her eyes and ears. But if I've learned one thing on this journey it is that every cat is different. Hope you find a solution. It is hard to see them in discomfort.

5. George-66

George-66 New Member

Our cat seemed to have a fat lower lip all the time. We found out he was rubbing his face on the wall where the paint was chipped off...covered it with Saran Wrap and he got better......

6. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Maybe if you could post a picture it might help others identify it better. But I agree, try switching bowls if you are using plastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.