Schedule change - skip shot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Myrtlesmum, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

The day after tomorrow (so 3 shots from now) I’m going to start giving Myrtle her insulin about 2 hours earlier than I do now. I tried reducing 15 minutes per shot but she is really resistant to having her shots at the moment so in the end some shots were later which threw off my whole planned schedule change. So at this point would it just be best to just skip a shot (Thursday morning) and start the new schedule from that evening? Also how much leeway do we have with Lantus for the every 12 hour thing? I don’t know that I will be home in time to test and shoot every day at the 12 hour mark. I’ll see how we go but considering changing back to isophane which has a lot more flexibility ......

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It sounds like Myrtle made the decision for you. As long as ketones aren't an issue, you should be fine to skip.

Bellasmom and Myrtlesmum like this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I would skip and start over if it were me

Myrtlesmum likes this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’d try and stick with Lantus insulin. It is a much better insulin for cats than isophane.
    See how you go with times. Not everyone can do exactly 12:12. Just do the best you can.

Bellasmom likes this.