Second brother just diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Suzie Grossmann, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzie Grossmann

Suzie Grossmann New Member

Opie, who is a fourteen year old, handsome red tabby was just diagnosed . I thought his weight loss was Thyroid issues. I was so surprised that he is diabetic I now have two of his brothers, a litter mate and a six month younger half brother. Quincy, his other half brother was also diabetic . He died several years ago. His death was unrelated to his diabetes. He was in remission for the last several years of his life. This site helped me out greatly.
    We go to the same vet that we did with Quincy. Things have changed. No mention of diet with Quincy, or testing. I did the research and brought it into the office. They were very receptive. This time, I was given hand-outs and charts to keep records on. He is on Pro-Zinc. His numbers are going down and he is acting better. I even think he is gaining weight.

Thank all of you for sharing your stories and all the great info and support. I know I will need more help with Opie's journey

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.

We've got a ProZinc/PZI protocol for you to review to help optimize your use of it.

Would you add a few tidbits to your signature? It will help us give you feedback.

Editing your Signature

In the upper right corner of the screen, within the dark blue bar, you will see ID, Inbox, and Alerts

Click on your ID.

On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature.
    This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback.
    This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
    Add any other text, such as
    your name,
    cat's name,
    date of Dx (diagnosis)
    insulin
    meter
    general location
    any other pertinent issues like if there are any food issues, history of DKA, hepatic lipidosis, pancreatitis, allergies, IBD, etc.
    Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

Always click the Save Changes button at the bottom when you have changed anything.

3. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

Hi Suzie and Opie, welcome back. Sorry to hear about Opie's diagnosis. He sure is a handsome fellow. Wonderful to hear how progressive your vet is compared to when you had Quincy there and glad Opie's numbers are improving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.