Send my ChrisFarley some vineChrisFarley - pathology results :*(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melanie and Smokey, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Sending vines for your boy

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  2. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending Tons of vines and lots of Prayers for you and Chris.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding more prayers.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Melanie --

I hope he feels better soon!

A couple of thoughts...
    Is Chris Farley being prescribed a narcotic (e.g., bupe) for pain? Opiates can make humans nauseated and in some cases, vomit.

I'd also make sure they look at any drug interactions. You can actually do this yourself if you Google drug interactions, there are a couple of sites where you can enter the drugs and get a list of the side effects of those interactions.

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Oh, no, Melanie! I'm so sorry you and ChrisFarley are having to go through this! Sending mega vines and prayers.

6. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Chris continued to be stressed and vomit at the vets until she gave him some famodadine. He hasn't vomited since. He wasn't eating all day there so I brought him home for a bit before transferring him to the e-vets. He ran straight for the kitchen, ate half a can of FF, and climbed onto the back the couch for a bath n nap.

7. Melanie and Smokey

He is on bupe, bet seems better for a period after it. All of his other meds have been removed now.

We are in that period after surgery that we need to quickly rule out leakage/infection.

8. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

sending healing vines to our little buddy. I'm glad he got to come home, even if it was only for a little while.

thanks for keeping us up to date on him - you know we all love Chris Farley too.

9. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

More vines for a smooth recovery for Chris! I'm glad to read he got to come home for a bit and get some FF and sit on the back of the couch. That's got to make him feel a little better. Thinking about you two!

10. Melanie and Smokey

Thanks for all the great thoughts for Chris everyone. We still have him at home. He hasn't vomited again, is eating really well, and has been pretty content. He was so stressed out at the vets today that we are letting him rest.
    His BG test was 76 this evening. Another good sign that we aren't dealing with a return of the abdominal infection.

Vyktors Mum, BJM and Jen&Eddie like this.
  11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great that Chris is home and feeling better!!

Keep up that healing, Chris!!

12. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Melanie)))) (((((Chris))) I'm so sorry he had to go back to the hospital, but thank goodness for your last update tonight( and no vomiting!) I was wondering if he needed more pain meds, but it sounds like you're giving bupe. My DH years ago had a colon resection, after this many days, there's still some discomfort from the surgery itself. We humans can take NSAIDS for pain, but our kitties can't. Sending continued healing prayers and vines for your big guy, fingers crossed for good path report and I am so sorry, belated Happy Birthday!!!

Melanie and Smokey likes this.
  13. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with Ruth. I'm not a cat (just bad luck I guess), but I had a resection several years ago. The surgery shocked my intestines and I got ileus. Nothing could get out of my stomach into my intestines. One miserable night of vomiting, pain, and lots of evil thoughts directed at my surgeon, some pain meds and the obligatory IV drip and then boom....fine and dandy.

All sorts of light that Chris Farley has turned the corner and is on his way to fine and dandy, too. And Julie is spot on

Marilyn

14. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Just adding our prayers and vines to the mix for a complete recovery for Chris, poor little guy has been through so much, glad you have him at home now :bighug:

15. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I hope he gets to stay home this time.

That nekkid belly of his is just adorable :cat:

16. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Sending more get better soon vines for ChrisFarley. I'm glad the vomiting is over (anti-jinx) . It could have been the clavamox too, it always made Tess vomit after one or two doses.

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

More vines and prayers for ChrisFarley. I sure hope that the problem was the meds conflicting with one another. I'm very glad he was able to come home, enjoy his FF, and his favorite spots to sleep.
    Better and better from here on in!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

18. Melanie and Smokey

We did keep Chris home all night. Though getting the ultrasound would have been good information, he was just so much happier at home, wasn't vomiting, and was eating really really well-better than since all of this started. We decided to not stress him out again. Hoping the vomiting was just the clavamox and not enough food. He was eating, but not enough for a guy his size.

I am starting to think the bupe is what is causing the diarrhea. We had started to lengthen the time between from 8hrs to 12hrs and yesterday the vet tightened that back up to 6hrs. This morning the diarrhea was back to its ferocious stink as it has been in the beginning. Chris is very alert and mobile right now so we may be able to go back to working him off of that too. I agree about the pain of abdominal surgery, I've has a hysterectomy, so I don't want to reduce his pain meds too soon. The discharge papers said 3-5 days and we are at 6 days from surgery. But I don't want an upset tummy being the source of his stomach pain either. Bupe is my pain med of choice for the kids, others have caused such mental disturbances.

Thank you, thank you, thank everyone. Hopefully we hear the pathology results today and find out our next step. Someone from BluePearl called today because they overcharged us $0.02. I am waiting for pathology results and I see the phone number come up and my heart goes into my throat and its about $0.02!?!?!?!?!?! Oiy.

19. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad he is feeling better - maybe that was for giving them your "2 cents worth" LOL

20. Melanie and Smokey

Large cell lymphocarcoma :*( The most aggressive intestinal cancer it could be. It did not appear to be in the lymphnodes yet, but even with chemo we are looking at months. The earliest opening with oncology is the 24th.

21. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Remember, though...no one can put a timeframe on anyone and stats are just numbers - numbers that can be defied. Sending tons and tons of prayers...

22. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Aww Melanie. I'm sorry sorry about the diagnosis. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Just keep loving on him as I know you will. Chris doesn't have a calendar.

Interesting on the bupe - usually it causes constipation. Neko gets it BID and I add a bit of pumpkin to her diet.

23. Ann & Tess GA

I'm so sorry to hear about the Dx. You are a loving bean and and you will handle this too!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: It's really good to hear that Chris is eating though.

24. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Loads more vines and purrs for your dear Chris! :bighug::bighug:

25. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Hugs and piles and piles of vines! I'm glad to read that Chris is eating well and doing better now that he's at home.

26. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sorry for the diagnosis. Sending more vines.

27. carfurby (GA)

I'm so sorry. As the others have said, no one can tell you exactly how much time he has left. My civvie Callie had stomach cancer (it was never officially diagnosed what kind) and I was told there was nothing they could do but give me bupe to keep her comfortable. She lived for over a year and a half. Just take it one day at a time and try not to worry about the future. Make the most of each moment you have. :bighug: Sending prayers.

28. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

(((((Melanie))))) ((((Chris))))) You two have fought through such horrible adversity with so much courage and spirit. I am so sorry for this result, I am going to continue to pray for Chris and you, that Chris will know all the luxuries in life and surrounded only by good things, love and comfort. Big hugs to the both of you.We're here for you Melanie.

29. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

So sorry Melanie...(((hugs))) to you and Chris!

30. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Thinking Positive thoughts for Chris. Sending more Prayers and Hugs.

31. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

We are thinking positively, too. Vines, prayers, white light, and snowflakes for Chris. Hugs for you, Melanie.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ella & Rusty

32. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to see this. Fingers crossed that chemo will give him a good and long remission.

33. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

more prayers....
    cancer sucks.

billysmom (GA) likes this.
  34. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for Dx. Prayers and wines for you and Chris.

35. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Well drat... we are so very sorry to read of the diagnosis. Sending you lots of hugs and hopes for many more days of feeling as good as can be.:bighug:

36. Vyktors Mum

I'm so sorry :( this sucks :bighug::bighug::bighug:

37. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to read about Chris' diagnosis, send you both good thoughts :bighug:

38. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Melanie))))

I’m so very sorry to hear this. Our Teddi Bear also had large cell lymphoma so I know what a gut punch this is. The chemo helped her immensely. I don’t know how long she would have lived because she had a pulmonary embolism...totally unrelated to the lymphoma....and we had to help her cross. Many, many prayers that the oncologist can put him on a regimen that will keep him comfortable with a great QOL for as long as possible. One thing I know absolutely for sure....he couldn’t have a better mama.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

39. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

40. Marilyn and Polly

So sorry. No one knows how much time he may have with certainty. But we do know absolutely that he has the best bean, will have the best care, and will be surrounded by love. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

41. julie & punkin (ga)

I'm so sorry, Melanie. It's not good news, but never give up hope. We live in an age of medical miracles. :bighug::bighug:

42. suki & crystal (GA)

(((Melanie))) so sorry for the diagnosis, just take a day at a time and enjoy your boy :bighug: :bighug::bighug:

43. Melanie and Smokey

Thanks everyone. The power of the love of this board can work miracles.

Chris is still vomiting a night. We started cerenia back up last night. I tried talking to the e-clinic last night about bringing him in. I told her the info on what was going with him was in his transfer sheet from a few days ago, but I used the word referral instead of transfer and asked about the US and the chick on the phone was just a witch. They aren't for surgery followup diagnostics, didn't sound like an emergency, I am going to have to pay a lot.... After 10 minutes of trying to get her to understand Chris's situation I just told her that vomiting post intestinal surgery due to failure of the surgery site n infection certainly sounded like an emergency to me and something they'd want to rule out if they saw him and hung up. Makes me wonder if the vet didn't want to see him after blowing the diagnosis. Who in their right mind would go pay ER prices at 4am unless they thought it was an emergency?

44. Ann & Tess GA

I'm so sorry that you had to deal w/ someone like that on top of everything else. I hope Chris is feeling better this morning.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

45. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Any updates? Still keeping you in our prayers :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

46. Delia

Delia Member

I'm so sorry for Chris. Sending more vines. :bighug:

47. Melanie and Smokey

Chris seems like he is doing really good at times, last night he was scratching on the scratch-loungers, roamed all around the house and seemed pretty perky.
    But his appetite has been dropping and today he just seems too nauseous to eat. He is on Cerenia, so he's not vomiting, but lots of lip licking and no eating.
    We had him to the vet on Friday and all his BW looked good, except his RBC and PVC, he is anemic. He was not showing clinical signs so they were going to look at the slides for baby blood cells and recheck on Monday.
    I don't know what to do with his eating. With a normal cat I'd just get food into him. With major gi surgery, not sure if we need to just let things settle.

48. Vyktors Mum

(((Melanie))) I'm afraid I can't offer any advice, just lots of vines. I hope his appy picks up and I'm glad to hear he's having perky times and hoping for a lot more of those.

49. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

{{{Melanie}}} I am soooo sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I hope that Chris' nausea is a temporary thing. You might ask your vet about giving both cerenia and Ondansetron. When my Minka is really nauseated, the combo of the two seems to help her more than either by itself.

Sending mega vines, prayers and :bighug::bighug::bighug:.

50. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this diagnosis Melanie but LL vines can work miracles so we'll hope there's a miracle in store for Chris :bighug::bighug:

51. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

((((Melanie and Chris)))) Yeah for no vomiting, but noooooo on the anemia! I am hoping and praying he's eating beter today and that he gets re-checked tomorrow and will be fine. please if you get a chance, keep us posted and thanks for letting us know--and please know, you are in my prayers, I'm sending the strongest vines I can conjure up for Chris and you!

52. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

More vines on the way for Chris's vetty check tomorrow.

Ella & Rusty

53. marniepaul & miles

marniepaul & miles Member

Best wishes from central ND! Miles and I are hoping for Chris to have the best possible outcome under the circumstances. :bighug:

54. ctmorris

ctmorris Member

Awww hang in there - good thoughts and prayers coming his way. The clavamox not only gave my Lucky girl the runs it made her vomit as well. It's pretty harsh on their digestive systems. Hoping all turns out well.

55. Melanie and Smokey

Chris's bloodwork on the anemia looked great today, up to 29%/30% from 22% on Friday. :joyful:
    He had a tough weekend. The nausea is kicking his butt and he just wasn't interested in eating or drinking. Sat we only got cat milk down him, Sunday he finally started to eat but not as a much as he should be. He finally had a normally formed poop :smuggrin: Sunday but he seems to be pretty constipated and I think it is causing a lot of the nausea. Couldn't get Zofran out of the vet, she thinks Cerenia is an anti-nausea too, not just an anti-vomiting (don't think she sees a difference). We did xrays and there is some stool on its way out so hopefully he is at home laying a log o_O She is waiting for a call back from Chris's surgeon on what to do to help with the constipation and nausea.
    He dropped from 18-17.4lbs from Fri to Mon so we need to get him back to eating and drinking!

Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers.

Grayson & Lu likes this.
  56. Vyktors Mum

Good to see there's some improvement, sending appy vines and hoping you get home to lb prezzies.

57. carfurby (GA)

I hope he continues to improve. Sending more prayers.

58. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Just caught up on what you've been going through. Great that the RBC has improved. Grayson had to have a transfusion, but that barely kept him in the upper teens & low twenties. I know you're still out a ways from the oncology apt - have they given any insight to the treatment? G was the other way around - RBCs in lower teens before they would do transfusion - but WBCs were on the moon. Eosinophils were 84x the normal range. They used hydroxyurea (oral chemo drug), which is used for sickle cell anemia in humans. Unfortunately, his [Coke can sized] mass, blood, liver and spleen all had the cells in, despite everything being clear 6 mo earlier in an ultrasound. Some of these masses seem to come from nowhere. I'm really sorry you & Chris are going through this. I grieved so hard during the last two months of Grayson's life. We go through so much with them, and they come full circle, beating so many odds. Then something like this happens. I know it's a difficult time, but stay strong, do whatever you think is best for Chris, and give him all the lovin you can. Every moment with our special babies is precious. Love to you both.

59. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Oh Thank God!! Hooray for the normal RBC and HCT--can you hear me jumping up and down screaming! I was terrified when you said he was anemic.

GRRR on your vet not getting the difference between Cerenia and Ondansetron! :(That constipation can definitely cause vomiting, Ondansetron could potentially make that worse? You've got truckloads of my strongest vines and prayers for Chris, hugs for you both too!

60. Melanie and Smokey

Thank you for Grayson's story.
    Chris's WBCs were very high prior to surgery, though not as bad as Grayson's, Friday's b.w. showed them back to normal.

Tonight we started pred. 2 hours after, he uncurled on the couch stuck his belly in the air and started snoring. An hour or two later when my husband came home Chris was up, purring, talking, walking around, ate a little, and then snuck upstairs before we noticed. He definitely feels
    on the pred.
    I will call tomorrow to see if there is any way to move his appt with oncology up.

Grayson & Lu likes this.
  61. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

Pred is a miracle drug in many ways and can make a huge difference in how we feel and function. I take it myself for inflammation of the arteries. Too bad it has so many nasty side effects like elevating blood glucose! Fingers crossed that you can get an earlier appt. and start chemo soon. Chris will probably have to continue on pred, though, and you'll have to monitor his bg.

62. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The lymphoma is likely what is making him nauseous. Tiffany had intermediate cell which has to be treated like large cell. She did well with chemo. Unfortunately for us her oncologist missed an infection that destroyed her kidneys. She was 10 when diagnosed and in remission when the oncologist screwed up. She then was on only prednisolone but it bought us about 6 or seven months before the cancer returned. Her passing was due to kidney disease though. She completed 7 weeks of chemo before she had to stop it. :bighug::bighug:

63. Marilyn and Polly

You have lots of vines coming from here to there....

Marilyn and Polly

64. Melanie and Smokey

Got Chris in earlier and we are on our way to his oncology appt now, 4hrs on the rd in our first winter weather fun :\
    Chris finally pooped last night and feels like a new man today :D Ate well during the night, ate breakfast well, and is being an energetic stinker in the car. No signs of nausea this morning.

Brashworks likes this.
  65. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines your way. I'm glad he is feeling better.

66. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

I'm so glad for the normal POOP!!!! And no nausea!!! Hope you made it safely to the oncologist appt. and that there is a plan of action. And I hope the roads will remain safe for you to drive to his appointments. Thanks for the update and know Chris has our strongest healing vines and prayers!

A weird sidenote: Winter storms are here too. My mom and sister also got hit by a bad storm in Spokane. Power out since Tues. Somewhere Tuesday night, my 89 year old mother gets some sort of bowel blockage and had to have an emergency colon resection. Even my sister didn't know because phones are down. I was worried sick when I couldn't reach either by phone, but finally got through today.

67. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Melanie, I hope that all is going well at the oncology appointment and that the roads aren't too bad. Thinking of you and praying for ChrisFarley's recovery.

Ella & Rusty

Lots of vines for your mother, Ruth. How scary!

68. Melanie and Smokey

I hope your mom is going to be ok Ruth. How horrible for a snow storm to make a scary situation even worse.

Chris's appt went well today. Everything looked good considering other than his weight continued to drop. Because of the reduced eating with the nausea. Hopefully we can stop that. My 19.6 lb guy is just over 16lbs now.
    He is sleepy, but continues to seem to feel good after his first chemo. Was playing was a toy tonight and eating treats. All good signs.
    They are taking a CHOP treatment approach for Chris. 50% of the patients respond, it usually gives them 6-9 months. Hoping Chris can get the best odds in all of that.
    So far his BGs are holding, day 4 on the pred. It sounded like we got a good oncologist for a diabetic. She discussed the pred issue and has been the first Dr in this who believed that his 170s and 200s when he got sick were elevated numbers. Lets hope Chris's pancreas is up for this!

69. julie & punkin (ga)

We're cheering Chris on and sending lots of healing vines his way. I hope he does well with the chemo. :bighug:

70. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

It does sound like you got a winner for a vet. I'm so glad. It's already a difficult situation, and to have to fight with the vet about his FD would be too much.

Sending vines and prayers!

71. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad thing went well today. Playing and eating is good. Sending prayers.

72. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more L$LL vines to Chris and hugs to you and DH!

73. suki & crystal (GA)

So glad to hear things went well today for Chris. Vines and prayers for continued improvements.:bighug:

74. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Great news for Chris. Sending tons more healing prayers so the chemo will help him feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.