Send some healing vines please

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Rachel, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey all,

My poor Elektra is having a flare up of cystitis again. Poor baby is clearly uncomfortable, and there's unfortunately nothing we can do for her. She refuses to take medication (though if I can get the amitriptyline in a gel, I MIGHT be able to get it on her ear...unlikely though since she'd probably shred my hand since she won't even let me touch her).

So the only thing I have left is to ask for some good thoughts and bladder relaxing vines sent to her..and some relaxing vines for her mom since this always stresses me completely out too!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Sending vines to you and Elektra! I know you tried everything any of us could come up with last time she had this problem. Wish I had some other ideas for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Rachel - sending vines and hopes and dreams of success
    :bighug:

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sending vines Rachel Have you tried Feliaway spray to put where she l ays and sleeps to help relax her? Or rescue remedy in her water And you take some too. It will help everyone :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Pati

Pati Member

Hoping for the best.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Love Rescue Remedy!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

I'm sorry your girl is feeling ill, Rachel. :bighug:

8. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry she has this issue again, Rebecca. I am sure it is as stressful for you as it is for her. It would be nice to have something you could add to her water. (I was picturing cranberry juice like some women use, but imagine that is not an option). But could any meds be made in a liquid clear enough that she wouldn't notice?

9. Pati

Pati Member

Rachel, did you try d'Mannose powder for Elektra? I've successfully used it for many years with a dog for UTI. You might be able to sneak it into wet food if you started with a tiny dose.

10. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Thanks all! I have used d mannose and glucosamine in their food. Also have feliway diffusers but might pick up some spray too. I did get some bupe in her last night...but it was older so may not be effective anymore. And she was MAD!

I've never tried Rescue Remedy! I might have to hunt that down. And if I can see take it too all the better!

11. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Rachel - sending lots of love and vines for you and Elektra! Hope she feels better soon!

12. Kris & Teasel

Rescue Remedy is available at any health food store. Good for humans too - takes the edge off. And I'm a hard core science person! This is based on empirical evidence. ;)

MiCo likes this.
  13. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I like the spray the best because you can get it right where Elektra lies. I spray about 3 squirts on the bedding or the favorite lounge place.

Yes, health food stores for rescue remedy. It really does help.Put a couple of pellets in your pet water dish. It will make your whole house "one with the universe" ;)

MiCo and Kris & Teasel like this.
  14. MiCo

MiCo Member

Sending vines... and lots of love and positive energy. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

She seems to be feeling better. Not 100% but she's not constantly in the boxes like last night and has eaten and washed her face. I'm going to get some Rescue Remedy still and try using that more to hopefully chill her out...that might help prevent future flare ups.

@Kris & Teasel I love the backing of science! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.