Sergei - weekend update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sergei Waddell, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergei Waddell

Sergei Waddell Member

Ser's visit to the vet did not offer the peace of mind I had hoped. He did have an ingrown nail, according to the dr, but he said that "it was not that bad". He trimmed his nail, which he said was just barely touching his toe, and his toe seemed a little abraded from it. applied some antibiotic ointment, and gave him a slow releasing antibiotic. His nail seems to bee turned - not vertically down into the toe, but rather sideways into the next toe. Still favoring the paw.
    He was shocked that 1u on insulin caused Friday night's episode. He said that Ser could be hyper-sensitve to insulin. Needless to say - he agreed - no insulin for this guy!

He still has kept all of his food down as well - yeah. Although after this morning's feeding he had a brief wheezing/coughing attack - which was one of the early symptoms before he stopped eating 3 weeks ago.

Fridays post for those that missed it - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24092

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

actually i'd consider this a good update.

can you imagine what it felt like having a nail poking into his skin, especially every time he put weight on that foot or something? pain causes one to stress about being in pain and that can lead to higher glucose levels so don't rule out that this foot thing has been a big problem for him. remember how relieved he seemed when you found it?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes and actually if i remember correctly the 1u was acting on a non diabetic, no shoot # so I can believe it. do i have that right? so many hypo's here the last couple of days.

4. Sergei Waddell

Sergei Waddell Member

Yes - you are both right! I need to be more positive. My wife is getting on me too....

Thanks for the support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.