Seymour-higher bg's, won't eat, threw up

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Andrea and Seymour, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea and Seymour

Andrea and Seymour Member

Seymour has something going on and i'm not sure what. we use lantus. his bg's have been creeping up and i just have not had the ability to do a curve. last night he was mistakenly fed twice. well, i figured he'd be fine. he's a piggy anyway. this early am he threw up and it was food. i checked his bg at +13 and it was 263. i gave him his shot but he wouldn't eat. he's hanging out now. i checked at +2 and he was 325. it's now +3 and he still has not eaten. i'm gonna offer another flavor of food, but i'm beginning to get worried. he loves to eat!

we have never had this problem before and i'm inclined to guess at pancreatitis, but he's never been tested.

ooh, he's sniffing the food now. still gonna offer another flavor.

2. Andrea and Seymour

update: he is eating the new flavor, but not necessarily hogging it down as usual.

i'm going to keep an eye on him, take another bg test in 15 minutes and will then be leaving ofr a few hours.

3. Andrea and Seymour

+3 237. he's licking on the food and water mush. i have to run out and will be gone a few hours. will get some pepcid ac for him.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I hope he just had a tummy ache from eating double dinners last night.

5. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I'm also hoping it's just a belly ache. Do you have some pepcid? Could make him feel a little better.

Could there be a hairball or something like that?

If things don't get better soon, will you be able to get him to the vet for a check up?

6. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

that's a sorta big drop in an hr. i'd leave extra food out for him just in case.
    hoping it's just something temporary and he feels better now that he urped it out.

7. Andrea and Seymour

I did leave food out and will get some pepcid. I'm out now and won't be home for a few hours. If he's still not right when I get home I'll call the vet.

8. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

Seymour, feel better, baby. i'll watch for your update, andrea.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Andrea)))) you're right, Seymour not eating is worrisome. I wish I had advice to offer, pancreatitis does seem like something to test for if he doesn't snap out of it quickly. I hope he'll feel better when you get home.

10. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Onece in a while some of my cats will not eat./vomit. I give them 24 hours (unless really vomiting or other really bad symptoms) befor I go to the vet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.