? Shaak, AMPS 365, Feb. 8TH, 2016

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA), Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

the adrenaline rush feeling is huge, yes. I am not really tired anymore, but I will do my best to sleep, I have a long day with Shaak and my kids tomorrow.

2. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

+6.6 307 okay, pretty high for just being +6.6. She had an accident on the bed again just now. I am not sure if she did it on accident or not, it was a big accident, lots of pee. I am going to go to bed now, face a new day in the morning. Have a good day @Gill & George

3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Sorry about the accident, poor little kitty, and poor you.
    going to give you a link about Urinary Tract Disease from Doctor Lisa Pierson, see if any of it rings true for Shaak http://www.catinfo.org/?link=urinarytracthealth
    You might want to give it a read before you take Shaak to the Doctors, if you/vet decide there is an infection and to treat with antibiotics, as @jayla mentioned some folk are offered convenia, its an antibiotic, injectable and long lasting, very few here on the site would give it to there kitties ( I might even go as far to say none), Cats can have severe reactions to it and because of it lasting months in the cat's system it has even been known to be fatal here is a link about convenia http://www.catinfo.org/?link=convenia the decision is of course yours, but I would not give it to George.

Just thought I'd mention the above as I think I read somewhere on the condo that you might be taking Shaak to the vet.

Sending vines for Shaak, :bighug::bighug::bighug:

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  4. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

@Gill & George I looked up the link you sent, she has all of those things happening right now.

Lower Urinary Tract Clinical Signs

Patients may exhibit one more more of these signs:

• Straining to urinate - with and without production of urine

• Frequent trips to the litter box - with and without production of urine

• Crying while urinating

• Excessive licking of the genital area

• Blood in the urine

• Urinating in places other than in the litter box

• Posturing (squatting) in the litter box for a long period of time (Note that sometimes people think that their cat is constipated when he/she is really showing signs of a lower urinary tract problem.)

Also says she might act like she is not in pain but she is most likely. Oh God, I am so worried.

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad all went ok last night.

Thanks so very much @Gill & George for staying with Cathie.

Cathie...if I had a dime for every time I gave Gracie too many carbs, I'd be a millionaire I'm sure. It's a learning process as Gill said. If you put on her SS what you gave her, then next time, we know what works and what is too much. Also remember the other day, we only gave her gravy; adding the meat, too, will have an extra effect. What we were trying to do earlier with the first meat/gravy was too just get her stopped. Once stopped, we back off and go to LC unless she's in the 40s.

It just takes time to learn and when you are scared, it's hard. If someone is helping you and she's above 50 and you don't know what to feed, just ask first. If you have to do this very long, you'll become a pro at knowing what she needs and in the meantime, we will help you!

Gill & George likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.