? Shaak still peeing everywhere

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA), May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

Shaak is obviously trying to tell me something! She is peeing everywhere besides the pads I have put down in bathroom and all up the hall and into dining room and kitchen. Some are just regular pads, and I also put a couple of puppy pads with an attractant to it by the litter box . She avoids every pad and pees directly on tile every time! So, anyone have any idea what she is trying to tell me, not a UTI or Cystitis, she pees a ton of urine every time and is acting healthy and happy even though her numbers stay in 200"s and 100"s, she even plays. I want to get more diligent with upping dose but can't afford more strips right now so that is a no go. This has been going on for about four months now.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Have you true dr elseys cat attract litter?

3. Lillie

Lillie Member

Usually when they prefer to pee on a smooth surface it's because of a UTI or crystals but you've tested her for that so it is perplexing as to why she is doing this. Have you had blood work done for thyroid and kidney dysfunction? Does she need a more private place for the litter tray? I buy the Dr. Elsey's respiratory 99.9% dust free litter because Leo started sneezing every time he went into a box with any other brand. He got to the point where he didn't want to get into the box at all until I changed the litter. Could she possibly have interstitial cystitis that is not an infection but a bladder irritation? I was surprised that cats get this condition like people do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.