Sharing: Info from Koha about new LID formulas

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gas Runkey, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gas Runkey

Gas Runkey New Member

Hi all,

I contacted Koha to get As Fed and Dry Analysis Information on their recently altered LID formulas (they've changed them in the past months). What they call "as received" here is the same as "as fed." This chart gives the specifics that you can't get from the guaranteed analysis on the website. I wanted to share, because there are some excellent single protein low-carb options here (I didn't realize how good when I was only looking at the guaranteed analysis). And they don't use carrageenan, if that is something your feline(s) need to avoid. Koha IS expensive, but if your cats like it, you can save by buying in bulk directly from the site.

Cheers,
    Lori Anne (Gas Runkey's person) Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 3.26.51 PM.png

2. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Oh wow - that is really low carb! Thanks.

3. lenistar

lenistar Member

Hi! But doesn't the dry matter value still need to be converted though to % of calories from carbs?

4. lenistar

lenistar Member

5. Gas Runkey

Gas Runkey New Member

Hey Lenistar,

I didn't click on the link before (in your other message); I see you have found Dr. Pierson's info. The numbers you see are the percentages, so there are some good choices here. And Koha refers to "as fed" as "as received." So these numbers (the ones in red) are the ones you would have gotten to if you'd done those calculations on your own or through a dry matter basis calculator.

Hugs back at you!
    Lori Anne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.