Shiloh and Kaely had great vet visits today!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donna & Shiloh (GA), Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Kaely, my lymphoma kitty, had lost 1/2 pound last month. Vet was concerned she was out of remission. But today she weighed in an ounce heavier! She is 13 pounds now. Still a little hefty for her.

Shiloh, who gets chronic triaditis (sp?) and on Pred, gained a whole pound in 3 months. I no longer can feel his vertebrae. He is 17 pounds, up from the 14 he was last year at this time. He was 19 at one time. He looks good at 17. His Lantus dose is 9 units, because of the Pred.

I love my babies. And my vet is tremendous. Donna

(Praying for all the cats with cancer. Thinking of Cleo.)

2. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Glad they had a good check up!! I always like to see some good news.
    And I will add my prayers for the cancer kitties too.

3. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

Whew! I love to see some good news. Especially on the kicking-cancer's-ass front. I haven't been around that much the last year, but is it two years since Kaely was diagnosed? Which chemo protocol did you do with her? Just curious.

Do you have any recent pictures posted of your cats? Shiloh must be a big sugarboy if he looks good at 17 lbs. That's gotta be an armload! :lol:

laur

4. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Hi Laur. Welcome back. It's been almost 18 months since Kaely was diagnosed. She may have had lymphoma longer, as we don't know when her IBS turned into cancer. The vet went with the really strong stuff because of this. She went into remission right away. She can eat anything she wants to and no more diahhrea.

When Shiloh was so sick 5 years ago, he went down to 13 pounds. He looked awful. He's a big cat and wears 17 pounds well.

Unfortunately, I am not computer savvy and know nothing about putting pics on the computer. I don't even own a digital camera! Thinking of getting one, though. Deanie offered me one, but I wouldn't know how to put the pictures here. :( Donna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.