Shishi unable to regulate BG, skin lesion pics, need advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by will and shishi, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will and shishi

will and shishi Member

Hello All on the Health forum.

I am linking a post I have mode in the lantus tight regulation forum for additional exposure and input regarding regulation and skin lesion issue.

She has a new onset of symptoms which involve hair loss and skin lesions, extremely thin skin and lots of thirst for water and peeing lots, even more than she was unregulated. I am rather convinced that it could be cushings, but the vet suggest that it is so rare, and testing for it is not 100%. I will upload pictures for your opinions, they are not the best quality photos but should tell the story.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58110

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dale

Dale Member

Re: Shishi unable to regulate BG, skin lesion pics, need adv

If you suspect Cushings but the vet poo-poo's you, send her Dr. Lisa's research on Cushings which I've pasted below. My friends vet said it couldn't be cushings until she followed Dr. Lisa's advise and did further testing. Definitely Cushings. Taking the med for it (trilostan) and the cat is doing so much better and growing hair and diabetes more regulated. From the pics you sent, that looks to me more like itching caused by an allergy (fleas, food) rather than the tearing of skin due to cushings. But if she has the pot belly and fragile skin with tearing so bad that it peels away from the body, then I'd ask the vet to do the other tests Dr. Lisa lists. FWIW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.