? Shoot at 130?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peggy & Oliver, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

If anyone can over the next few mins, offer suggestion for SLGS? Ollie has 130 right now I am about to feed. Directions say no shot below 150. Is that right? Thank you!

Peggy & Oliver ^~^

2. Mum of two felines

Mum of two felines Member

Did you post in the Lantus group?

3. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

No, thought this was the place for a speedy answer. Will skip shot for tonight and will see what people say so I'll know next time this happens. Lots of ups and downs I guess for a while. Thank you.

4. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, post in Lantus. The short answer is that, if you can monitor tonight, experienced caregivers can move their no-shoot number below 150.

5. Nan & Amber (GA)

OK, the reason I also suggest to post in Lantus is that there is where you'll find the most experienced folks to guide you. I took a quick glance at your spreadsheet, it's clear that you monitor a fair bit in general so I don't see any reason why you couldn't shoot tonight if you are able to monitor. But the Lantus pros may see something I'm missing.

6. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

Thank you. I understand. I think I won't shoot because I don't know how much to give him under these circumstances and don't want to have a problem.

7. Nan & Amber (GA)

You hold the syringe-- do what you are comfortable with!

8. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

Thank you, that's my usual way. ;)

9. Nan & Amber (GA)

Yes indeed! Eventually, you will probably want to get to the point where you are shooting a number like 130, but I can see why you are nervous doing it tonight-- you don't have a ton of data showing how he does when you shoot a full dose between 150-200, so shooting below 150 is a big leap of faith! It's good that Oliver is getting down to these numbers-- total cutie, by the way!

10. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

Thank you, Nan :) He is quite the character!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.