Shoot or No Shoot ???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mary E. Beavers, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mary E. Beavers

Mary E. Beavers Member

7:15 BG 330
    Fed low carb Special Kitty 3 to 5%

Need to know if I should continue to hold off on insulin or give .25 Novolin N at 8:15. Squeakers seems to be steasily going down the past few days...I tried the shot yesterday but got a clean through fur shot.
    I was reading a lot on the ReliOn Prime last night and most people using it whether human or pet said it is running at least 10 points higher then the other meters they have then take into account the +-20% then Squeakers would be at the no shoot for Novolin N that says not shoot 250 and below and up to 300 in some cats.
    I am leaning toward the no shoot because +-20% would put him at 396 or 265 and if correct about the 10 points higher then 386 or 255. With him plummeting on just 0.5U I am fearful of an objection. Any Suggestions would greatly be appreciated

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you're fine to hold off on shooting for a little longer, although with Squeakers holding in the 300's it does look like he's going to need some insulin eventually. You mentioned on another thread that you'd gone through a whole bunch of test strips already-- do you have a good supply left? If not, I'd definitely hold off shooting, the last thing you'd want is for him to start going low and to run out of strips!

Mary E. Beavers likes this.
  3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

PS: you have a duplicate thread on here. It's a good idea to delete the other one before someone replies and you can't delete.

4. Mary E. Beavers

Mary E. Beavers Member

Yes I bought the 100 pack so have almost 50 left
    I am going to try to get him to another vet as soon as I can to have him properly tested and to find out if his teeth are causing him so much pain that his BG rises. I tried calling all day yesterday but no one picked up...probably too busy. I will try again tomorrow and hopefully I can get through

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.