shooting into an anger induced #

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

should i shoot what i would normally shoot (according to my sliding scale) into a # that was likely higher due to a vicious cat argument (thru the window) with new neighborhood cat?
    in other words....do you shoot higher for a higher # brought on by anger incident?

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I can only tell you what i would do and no, i wouldn't shoot a higher number with a higher dose if i know the higher number was directly and recently caused by something exogenous because once calmed down, Mousie's BG would drop some on it's own anyway. but that's me and my furmonster :D

the question is is will tom bring himself down at all by calming down?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i kind of agree....the only thing is i thought why put added stress to produce on the pancreas. this cat is around quite a bit and is crazier than #$%^...half tomtom's size and stands at our glass door hissing and screaming at tom like 'hey why don't you come on out here and KILL ME!' i worry for her safety if tom get's ahold of her. but i can tell SOME idiot houses her becuase she has a perfumey smell and turns her nose to dry food (smart kitty)
    i do think she is clinicaly insane.

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience with angry #'s, cuz Blackie is so mellow. But I would agree with Cindy. It should only be one cycle, unless that monster cat is going to be a constant factor. The only thng I can think of to keep the other cat away would be to bring a dog into the yard. Even just to pee on the bushes. :mrgreen:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ele, really, the cat has crazy eyes. i don't think she'd be afraid of a dog...she's attacked me when i turned to walk away after leaving food down for her. literally knocked my slipper off!
    no scratches though, wonder if she's declawed.
    oh well, i shot tom 1/3u on 143. evening #'s are usually under 130 and i don't shoot.
    went ahead and did it.
    i gotta find out who this kitty belongs too. she's here every night...usually well after midnight.

6. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHA :lol: :lol: like the part about closing down the bed and breakfast. she gets me everytime with the crying....i go out and feed her at all hours of the night.
    but now that i see her preference for ff and dislike of dry kibble i don't really believe she's starving and will TRY not to feed her. i'm a sucker for this kind of thing.
    tom is furious with me for doing it.
    i try to explain to him she's hungry and cold and unloved, let's take a little pity on the poor crazy creature. tom stares at me like i'm the poor crazy creature. :dizcat :dizcat :dizcat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.