Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Booger has been doing really well lately but this morning he barely ate. He normally bugs me multiple times a day to go in to the bathroom to eat his food (This is where I keep his food so my other cats dont eat it) I have let him in the bathroom several times since this morning to eat but he just sniffs his food and runs out. To be honest, it is like he doesn't feel well.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I give my cats 24 hours of not eating before I get concerned. This is if they do not have other serious symptoms

3. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

I guess it concerns me because he isnt really acting like himself. Maybe its just one of his off days. He is not low I do know that.

4. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hard to say if there are no other symptoms ( no vomit or hairballs or more frequent peeing or something) , if his BG is ok I'll wait and keep a close eye on him just to make sure something else doesn't come up

Booger's Mom likes this.
  5. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

He did cough up a hairball earlier today but other than that, nothing else is different. Just before dinner he was all talk and wanted to eat. I took him to the bathroom and tested him with both the alphatrak meter and the relion meter. Alphatrak read 441 while the Relion read 310. He ate a little bit of dry food (though I had just put down fresh wet food). A few minutes later he wanted out. Then he wanted back in, ate a few pieces, and wanted out. I do know that he wants in the Cat Chow Naturals that I feed my other cats. I do not allow him to eat that food. Maybe he is testing me to see if he doesn't eat if I will just give him the naturals which I wont. I guess I am going to have to find another dry food other than the DM that is low carb. Maybe he will eat that. I would like him to eat only wet food but when I need him to eat so he can get his insulin, I guess I can't be too picky.

6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

My cat loves dr elseys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.