? Should I increase Bacardi’s dose tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BacardiTheGreat, Jan 13, 2019.

1. BacardiTheGreat

BacardiTheGreat Member

Hi guys, I’ll be brief, it’s very late (stayed up late to get Bacardi’s +5). Is’s been 5 days since the last increase, is it time to increase again by 0.25? We had one relatively good number, but the rest is painfully high. Not sure about the mixed message in the TR sticky
    • Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
    versus
    • After 3 days (6 consecutive cycles)... if nadirs are greater than 200, but less than 300 increase the dose by 0.25 unit.
    When am I supposed to increase by 0.25??? Under or over 200? Anyway, please if you looked at our SS and told me yes or no, I’d be grateful:) thanks :)

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there Kate. According to the TR sticky you are going to hold this dose for at least 8-10 cycles now that you got a number under 200. See the highlighted blue below.

Increasing the dose
    • Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
      • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.
      • when your cat starts to see nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing.

BacardiTheGreat likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Tonight is cycle 10 at this dose. Bacardi has seen plenty of blues and even greens when on Caninsulin. However, I would wait at least until tomorrow night before increasing. It looks like he is bouncing from the blues on the 11th, and tomorrow would be cycle six after the blues. It can take six cycles for a bounce to break, You want to try to avoid increasing in the same cycle as a bounce breaks, cause that can mean some extra downward momentum and an overly exciting cycle.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't realize that the blues on a different insulin would be taking into consideration when following TR on Lantus. Good to know.

5. BacardiTheGreat

BacardiTheGreat Member

@Wendy&Neko thank you for your advice, that makes sense :) Two extra days can’t hurt, lets see what ot does. The greens on caninsulin were nice, but those blacks - not ao much. I am glad we’ve already got rid of those

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  6. BacardiTheGreat

BacardiTheGreat Member

@Bobbie And Bubba I read Wendy’s remark as “be patient, you’ll get there on Lantus too” :)

Bobbie And Bubba and Wendy&Neko like this.