Should I lower the dose or skip at amps 213?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by SophieMom, Mar 8, 2020.

1. SophieMom

SophieMom New Member

Last night I skipped insulin after Sophie had a +7 of 89 earlier in the day. I wanted to see how skipping a dose would impact blood sugar and she’s 213 this morning before food. I’m going to be out most of the day and I’m worried about her dipping too low. She’s been on 1 unit of prozinc for 3 weeks.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

NO spreadsheet (SS), no signature, need those 2 things setup first, to see what is going on with Sophie.

How to do that setup is in this link FDMB Spreadsheet Instructions

What it means is here Understanding the Spreadsheet/Grid

Updating your signature is here: Editing your Signature, Profile, and Preferences

We like to see your first name, your cat's name, age, sex; DX: diagnosis date; insulin used, meter used for testing, diet, and other medical conditions we should know about. Once you get your SS setup, you put a view-only link to it in your user id signature.

To edit/setup your User Id Signature, go to upper right corner of screen, click on your user name, drop down list appears, select "Signature" from the list, text box appears. Type in the needed information, and be sure to click on "Save Changes" when you are done. Takes about 60 seconds to do that.

Would you do that little bit of work please? It will help us help you better.

p.s. If Sophie did not get insulin this morning, there is no insulin in her to cause her to go low. She is safe from hypoglycemia.