Should I or not?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Esi, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esi

Esi Member

After giving Hemi 1u for 3 cycles, I increased his dose by .50 this AM and after 12 hrs, testing once in between, his PMPS # was 147.

I'm wondering if I should go back to just 1u over night though, as I am currently stuck w/ U-40 syringes and can barely judge a .50 increase, much less a .25.

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts?

Edit: I'd also appreciate it if someone could look at Hemi's SS (link in my sig) and give me any necessary feedback. Does it look right?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I responded on your ProZinc forum post.

Esi likes this.
  3. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Im no expert but .05 would tank my boy.... .25 is iffy I usually do a drop or 2 Just my 2 cents and each kitty is different...
    BUMP

4. Esi

Esi Member

That may be. My vet wanted me to give him 4u to start and didn't recommend testing at all so I'm kinda on my own to learn all that I can. I'm also an insulin dependant diabetic myself so do have a little knowledge as to highs and lows as well as increasing/decreasing dosage.

Obviously I am new to feline diabetes though, so I joined this forum for help/guidance.

5. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so glad you found the forum there are so many very very smart people who selflessly give of their time and knowledge. It is a wonderful forum.
    It took a while for me to figure my boy out and when to feed a little higher carb if he was taking--your in good hands here. Welcome! (vets drive me nuts not teaching testing)
    If you see him acting odd I would test and give a high carb spoonful to slow him down and retest in 20 and another 20 if low give more and another 20. We usually like to see them "surfing along" for a hour before stopping testing until you have more data.
    :bighug:

Esi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.