Should I skip a shot?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ThailandKitty, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThailandKitty

ThailandKitty Member

Hello, my cat has been on tight regiment Lantus poking for over two years now. I gave her Lantus shot (3.0) in the neck the past two days and it seems to have significantly dropped her numbers. Normally I poke in the back, shoulders etc. Her AMPS or PMPS is normally between 240-350. Today she was low all day (70-90) and her PMPS was 51, then I waited an hour and it's 77. Should I skip the shot all together?

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I don't use Lantus so I can't really give you assistance with dosing. Your best bet would be to post your question directly on the Lantus/Levemir forum, the folks there will be able to give you much more specific help and advice! :)

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Without seeing a spreadsheet so we can see how your kitty has been doing, I'd say it's safer to skip the shot if her PMPS is only 77

It would really help if you'd start using our spreadsheet program and put any test results you have (at least for the past few weeks) so we can see how she's been doing.

Here are Instructions on setting up the FDMB spreadsheet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.