Hi Everyone, My cat Ash is an extremely sweet cat with tons of personality, but also extremely difficult to work with. I noticed that Ash was drinking lots of water and had switched her preference to wet food, along with an increasingly ravenous appetite. She had missed a couple jumps up to where I fed her, so I moved her food down. Unfortunately, I didn’t grasp what was going on until I saw her trying to scratch her chin and her leg was just waving in the air—i.e., diabetic neuropathy. I switched her to all wet food (Fancy Feast pate), and I took her to the vets on 7/5/18. Her blood glucose was 400. They did a fructosamine test to confirm. Ash is on her third day of Zobaline, and I bought a ReliOn Confirm Glucose Meter. Today is the second day of trying to get a blood reading without success. I just bought 28 gauge lancets and have been using a rice sock, but not a drop of blood and today was worse than yesterday. The problem is always the warming process, and I’ve tried three methods so far. Not a drop of blood so far! By the time the vet called me with the results of the fructosamine test, I had noticed that her water consumption had returned to normal and her appetite was returning to normal. I did not want to start Lantus Insulin until I got a BG reading myself. Based on everything I have read on this website, I don’t know how I can manage this and afford this if I can’t do the glucose curves and monitor her blood glucose myself. With an all wet food diet, there is no doubt her water drinking has returned to normal (full water bowls), and her eating seems about normal, and I think she’s putting on weight (she had lost 3 lbs.) I know we want to get them on insulin ASAP, and I don’t know when I will get a blood glucose reading (hopefully soon!) I don’t want to start her on insulin and then have her go HYPO because her reading is different than it was at the vet's. At the time of the vets her water consumption and urination was extreme, and now it’s normal. I hope she will go into remission on this wet food diet, but I know the odds of that are not very high. Question: Is it bad to wait until I get a BG reading to start the insulin? Or should I call the vet and start it immediately? Besides her diabetic neuropathy and her not giving any blood, her demeanor and health seem better. Thanks in advance. I could not have learned what I have already learned without this group! P.S. Does anyone think this drop in water means anything? Has anyone else had this experience? I'm hopeful, but I don't want to be foolish.