? Should I stop giving insulin?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marlena, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

Rocky seems to be well regulated in recent weeks so his numbers are in blue and green. I keep giving him insulin but just realised after seeing Shaak's SS that maybe I should stop now.
    I also have some other issues with him: he seems to drink more water then he should with good control of his FD so I'm worried that he might have kidney problem. I decided to get him to the vet for blood work next week as he recently had urine test done and it looked good apart from his urine not being very well concentrated but vet said it is not bad and it's ok.
    Any suggestions why he might be drinking? In the past he drunk a lot of water when his BG was high and when it dropped I noticed a lot less drinking. Today he wasn't drinking much but yesterday it was a different story.
    Many thanks for your input.
    Marlena

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

You can try stopping and then see what happens to BG. Measure both "preshot" and then 4-5 hours after meal.
    With this evening 1/2 unit, the increase at +1 and +3 may be an indication that insulin is still required. It may raise more with no insulin.

Marlena likes this.
  3. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

Many thanks Larry:cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.