? Should Mark get a shot tonight?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jess and Marky Mark, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jess and Marky Mark

Jess and Marky Mark Member

Mark has not had any insulin since yesterday morning. His AMPS yesterday was 131 so he received his regular dose of 1u Lantus. His PMPS last night was 89. We realized +1.5 hrs later that hubby forgot to give him his shot. His bg at that time was 84. Two hours later (+4 after eating), his bg was 94. This morning, his AMPS was 95. Since we aren't home during the day to monitor, we chose not to shoot. His PMPS tonight was 100.

To shoot or not to shoot, that is the question. :cat:

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry no one got back to you in a timely fashion. With no insulin for 2 days, those are nice numbers. I don't give shot advice but …

If you post in the Lantus forum, you will get many more eyes on you. They can help you with micro dosing (or no dosing).

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Let's do an experiment. Do not shoot tonight, but test again in a few hours to see if he is bringing the numbers down on his own. If you do have to resume insulin, I would go to a much smaller dose. If you have to skip so often, the dose is too high.

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Jess.

Mark's numbers look great. Did you decide to skip tonight, too?

I was wondering if there is a day (maybe on a weekend) when you can run a curve? It would be good to see what a full cycle looks like. I think Wendy is right and this dose is too much.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  5. Jess and Marky Mark

Jess and Marky Mark Member

We decided to skip last night. At +4, he was 102 and +9, he was 110. His AMPS this morning was 93. I'm will post in the Lantus forum, as well. Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.