Should we increase dose?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Sara and Mr. Kitty, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Is it to early to ask if an increase in warranted? I’m feeling we should bump up to at least .75-1U (Vetsulin) based on the last 36 hours of testing. Sadly, we started back on the juice on 10/24. Backstory: We switched to Elsey’s from YA and think that knocked him out of remission because that was the only change, so we switched back to YA - but the problem is - YA food didn’t ship last Monday as it should have so it was delivered today (4 days late) and we had to give him a little Dr. Elsey’s for the time being. Our vet suggested 1U and we decided on a starting dose of .50U. Anyone want to chime in? Should we stay the course for 3-7 more days to see if the food switch brings him down? Cross posted. Thanks as always.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I'd hold the dose a few more days and see if numbers continue to come down. The return to the same diet as before may also have an effect on BG numbers so I'd give it a few days on the new diet to see if that makes any difference.

3. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Will do. I also received the vet summary today and they gave my guy convenia, lipase, cerenia, and famotidine. I’m wondering if we’ll see high numbers for a few more weeks until the covenia wears off....not sure why I agreed to that since he didn’t need an antibiotic :banghead:

4. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Thank you! His BG hasn’t changed much over the last 7 days so I’m wondering if I should hold the dose or bump it to .75U - any advice is appreciated.