Side effects

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jtcatt, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jtcatt

Jtcatt Member

Have any of your cats had side effects from prozinc. Kitten is on 2 units now and the shots make her sleepy and I'm guessing warm since she spends a lot of time on the bathroom sink. Besides low bg is there anything I should be watching for? Their website doesn't give much info.

2. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Chuck almost always took a long nap after eating and getting his shot. I figured it was from his full belly. I never really noticed any bad side effects from ProZinc.

Jtcatt likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I've never heard of anyone having Prozinc side effects. Might check her BG when she is acting sleepy to see if she's high or low...either could cause some sleepiness.

Jtcatt likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Teasel would get more lethargic after his shot. I find he's less so on Lantus.

Jtcatt likes this.
  5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Sam always goes to sleep for awhile after his shot, but he's always had that pattern after eating a meal - a quick grooming, and going to sleep -- so I'm not sure I could blame it on the insulin.

Jtcatt likes this.
  6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I was just looking at your spreadsheet, and it doesn't show any dosing or tests since February. I'm wondering if what you're noticing with the sink, drinking, and sleepiness are because of the prozinc, or because of Kitten's dosing/BG ranges. Do you have any more recent data you could input?

Jtcatt likes this.
  7. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Maury's about the same, after shot and meal he might take a little meatloaf nap on the rug before moving to the sofa or his condo. I was wondering the same about your Spreadsheet as Djamila ;)

Jtcatt likes this.
  8. Jtcatt

Jtcatt Member

Sorry, I am really behind on filling out the spreadsheet. will get to it soon.

Djamila and Yong & Maury GA like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.