? Silly question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Phoebes (GA), Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you give a cat a pill if they are laying on their side? She has learned to play dead or limp noodle. Soon as I grab the syringe of water and pills she lays down and closes her eyes.:banghead:

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Lol, what a character!
    Not sure about pilling when they're on their side but I would guess as long as she can swallow and you don't poke the pill down her airway it should be okay.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Can you sit her up between your knees, so she can't flop back over? And by the way, that's hilarious. I kind of want to see a video. :)

4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Lol, me too!

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  5. Phoebes (GA)

I will get that tomorrow. It's kinda funny, but annoying at same time. She's a character alright. No I can't pick her up, limp noodle and I don't want to hurt her picking her up. I have to get creative. Walk to her dish, pick it up. But she's learning that one too. Ignore her until she comes to me so I can get her upright. It scares me giving it to her on her side. My dh does it, but I don't like it.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I'd be nervous about that too. Maybe DH can just take over that job?

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  7. Phoebes (GA)

Great idea but he makes me nervous doing to. Then he was given her a little water after. All I can think is ASPIRATE. He thinks im overreacting.

Djamila and Squalliesmom like this.
  8. Sieden

Sieden Member

Oh this is too funny lol. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with her, I really am but I can't help but laugh. Peanut hides under the bed but if I catch him out in the open he plays dead too and he's HEAVY. It's so annoying when he does it but I always laugh because I know that he thinks he's getting away with something. Cats are so smart.

9. Lillie

Lillie Member

That is really hilarious! The limp noodle trick. It's like they know if they go that limp there's no way you can get them upright. Ha Ha

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  10. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

That sounds like what my dog does. When it is time for her meds or time to go into her room at night she rolls on her back and goes limp as possible. Try picking up a 55 lb limp noodle. :arghh:

Squalliesmom and Phoebes (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.