Simba - newly dx

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Simba the ging, Nov 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simba the ging

Simba the ging Member

Hi everyone, first I just want to say how amazing this website is - so helpful and awesome :)
    Simba was dx Saturday Nov. 17/18. He's currently on 1ux2 lantus. I'm looking for tips/advice on how to deal with his hunger; he's constantly screaming at us in the morning/early afternoon for food - we're feeding only wet right now, he gets breakfast&lunch (1/4 can) and about 3-4 snacks throughout the day(1/8) and dinner (1/4can). Am I feeding enough, too much? Anytime I go into the kitchen or in the direction of the kitchen, he screams at us. Thanks all <3

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome!

We would like to know more about you and your kitty, are you home testing? Is the food you are giving him low in carbohydrates( not the same as low in calories)? Does he have any other health issues? Is he under/overweight or normal? How old is he?

Also since you will be using Lantus here's a lot of information about Lantus that you may find helpfull http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ntus-basaglar-levemir-group-start-here.18139/

Unregulated diabetic cats usually are very hungry because the lack of insulin and the big amount of suggar in their blood does not allow his cells to get the proper nutrition so his body is always hungry and also drink a lot of water to help his body get rid of the extra sugar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.