Siohia is not feeling well

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sophia, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

We were gone thurs to sunday. Sunday night she was her old self but did not eat. This morning she was hiding away and refuses to eat at al. We tool her to the vet.. her bg was 218 and the vet is not worried. She has a little diarrhea. The vet sdaid she was OK but gave us pills and some other stuff. I just hate to give it to her because she gets so upset. Of course we force it on her to make her feell better. I just worry that now she has not eaten all day...... please send some good vibes to my little girl.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

sending good vibes to you guys .. in hopes of a better appy and no diarrhea!

3. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Liz,

While you were gone, Thursday to Sunday, did your cats have someone watching them, or did you just leave food down with a timer?

Maybe just the stress of your being gone caused Sophia some problems. She is not a cat that would eat anything unusual is she? Like a 'pica' cat? Thread, cotton batting, rug pieces, etc.? I had one cat that ate carpet stuff from one of those cat trees years ago, and got very sick, diarrhea and vomiting.

Did the vet do an x-ray? If she still is not eating, I would want an x-ray done of her stomach, just to make sure she is not full of hairballs, or anything unusual. Even a constipated cat can seem to have diarrhea, when the fluid in the intestines is able to get through past the solid feces, and sometimes there could be a partial obstruction.

I would try some baby food, though, or if you have some really tasty tuna, try a little of that with her. If she is still not eating, though, I would call the vet back and maybe have an x-ray done.

What meds did the vet prescribe? Appetite stimulants, like Cyproheptadine or Mirtazapine?

But, maybe it is all just a case of missing you and she will be right as rain by tomorrow, hopefully. I will keep you and Sophia in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Jean and Charcoal (GA)

4. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

Re: Sophia not feeling well

Thank you for your help. My vet gave us Nutramax, Proviable KP, Penactin. Sje also tesed her on her ear and she was 213. he did not worry aboyt that... and Sophia is diet controlled since 2005.

She was a little interested in food today and licked it.. and she is acting a little better today.Last nicht she was just sitting in front of the litterbox and staring at it... it was weird.

We are keeping an eye on her and I just hope she will feel better very soon. I have my cataract operation tomorrow and since I don't see with my left eye I hope I will be able to see with my right one OK... problems with that too.....I don't know when I can go on the comp again.... brrrr... there is alwatys somerthing. DH os taking care of us.Sophia is very hard to handle and when we saw the vet she said 'our favorite patient is here',,,,, of cours meaning the opposite....

5. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Liz,

Hope your surgery goes well. I will keep you and your furbabies in my prayers.

Hopefully Sophia will start eating better today, so you will not be worrying about her tomorrow when you go for your surgery.

Best wishes that all goes well!
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

6. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

thank you.... i emailed my son... your inheritance goes to the cats'... /a little joke/// and he answered... it is money well spent.. he loves them too.. yes.. I'll will be happy if she eats a little more... I ill be gone just for a few hours in the morning very early. Thank you for your good wishes.. I am a little worried about it even though they say it is a very easy operation. with my eyes nothing is easy it seems.

7. Jean and Megan

Jean and Megan Member

Don't worry about the cataract surgery. It really is very easy. I had both eyes done (about three weeks apart) a few years ago, and I couldn't believe how easy it was and how much it helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.