Six chronic pancreatits????

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amy and Six, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Background: In February Six suffered a pancreatitis attack. His spec-fPl value was 16. Symptoms included lethargy and inappetence. Six was dx in November, I found the board in December, he's been on Lantus since the middle of December. We also just went through a bout of p`titis with a civie two weeks ago.

This past Monday I took him to the vet for a spec-fPl. Vet and I wanted a follow up value after the attack...because of other animal issues/life it took a while to get the follow-up, but quite frankly, I wasn't concerned. He showed no sign of p-titis. Numbers good. Eating, playing, wanting to go out, talkative...all of his normal things.

The vet called today and his spec-fPl is 20, higher than his attack in February. (Normal is under 3.5)

I am currently trying to take deep breaths and not freak out.

He is showing NO signs of pancreatitis as he did in February. His signs were very different than our civie who suffered an attack a few weeks ago. I have been on high alert for signs from any of our kitties.

The vet is calling an internist who saw Six in November. She did an ultrasound of his liver/pancreas (i think the pancreas...can you see it in an ultrasound...mind on overload right now) when trying to figure out what was going on with him. My vet called her in Feb to confirm there were no concerns (growths) from the ultrasound. There weren't any according to the internist.

So I have a cat who appears to be healthy (16 pounds...in fact, he put on weight since his attack) and normal other than his diabetes and heart murmur. Also, he's started acupuncture two months ago for his diabetes and just had a treatment yesterday. He loved it and it relaxed him - not to mentioned I think his numbers dropped while .

I need help - support. I've read everything on this board (including jojos post on the old board) and what I've been able to google for feline pancreatitis. I'm sure there's more out there and would welcome specific sites to visit.

Is this what chronic pancreatitis might look like?

Should I be treating him for p~titis even without him showing any symptoms like he did in February. Seriously, there are NO signs. Very, very normal cat.

2. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Amy, this is a puzzle for sure. No suggestions, just a get well wish for Six. Donna

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

a few other things...

besides the acupuncture...he takes zentinol daily as well as two chinese meds for pancreas support.

i have a pancreatitis tool kit including fluids, regulan, cerenia, pepcid and bupe at home if he would show signs of a flare-up...but since he is showing no signs, i haven't been treating him for p~tits.

it makes me wonder if his value ever went down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.