? Sketch getting low again 62 @+6

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jeff D / Sketch, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff D / Sketch

Jeff D / Sketch Member

Just wondering what many of you use for higher carb food and treats for when your kitties get low. Sketch just tested 62 @+6 (very low for him) still quite away from his usual nadir (usually between 9 and 13 hrs). I fed him a few "Beyond chicken and egg grain free recipe" with a small amount of maple syrup drizzled over them....and some FF gravy lovers food. I'm wondering what others here use as preferred food and treats for when their kitties start getting low? Sketch seems not to excited about the FF gravy lovers food outside of licking the gravy.

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

62 is a nice number.

Usually gravy and maple syrup are reserved for 50 and under.

Next time (or later in this cycle if Sketch continues to drop but is still above 50) try to encourage the surf in healing green numbers with a tsp or two of FF pate, testing in 30 minutes to see if that helps keep him above the 50 mark.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  3. Jeff D / Sketch

Jeff D / Sketch Member

Thanks for the reply. My only concern is his numbers have been a bit low on occasion of late. Until a month ago he was never under 100 and then one night he suddenly dropped into the 60's with his usual dose and eating well at only +3. So today he dropped again into that range. I know that 62 is a good number and not dangerously low (Although uncharacteristic for him) but being as I had to run out a for a few hours I didn't want to risk him crashing. I tried his regular food and his FF pate but he didn't seem much interested in those so I did give him some gravy lovers and the treats with a tiny bit of syrup. I just tested him and he came up to 91 (about an hour after eating). I will continue to monitor and see if he "surfs" in the green numbers the rest of the cycle as we get closer to what would be his typical nadir. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.